-Rich- not Rich Q just - Rich-?

RoadHustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Help! What does my friend have here? He paid $20 at a garage sale today. So he did ok the question is what is it and who made it. Thank you in advance ☺

d33fb8b5a67804388c9638a144a95a70.jpg


Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
 
There was ' Rich ' cue company in New York for a long time. In the 1980's they were either sold to or became part of Imperial International Billiards Co. not sure if this is one of those cues or not but that's the only Rich Cue I can think of.
 
I thought they were called rich Q (Abe riches family) . I have only ever seen their cues with the big Q mark not just rich. Then I thought this might be an older logo from that company but I have nothing to base that theory on. So I went looking for an expert.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
 
There was ' Rich ' cue company in New York for a long time. In the 1980's they were either sold to or became part of Imperial International Billiards Co. not sure if this is one of those cues or not but that's the only Rich Cue I can think of.

I own a -RICH- cue as well and have asked this question before in this forum.

Here is a link to some of the only info I have been able to garner.
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=395171&highlight=rich

Attached are a few pics of a -RICH- cue that I own. A previous owner cleaned-up the butt cap and in doing-so lost the -RICH- logo which can be seen in the last pic of an identical model -RICH-

This information is 100% of what I have been able to find on -RICH- cues.
 
They are probably an import capitalizing on the name. The work in them screams Taiwan.

I can't see the ring work or points well on the cue Type79 showed, I could be way off. I'm looking at the slots in the buttsleeve and the rings above the buttcap. Also the buttcaps.
 
This is the import version of Rich. The company was sold to Imperial in Taiwan in the 1970's which started producing cues in their existing factories. First they copied the originals and used a sticker "Rich Q", then they produced this logo and a variety of cue designs. I had one of these catalogs at one time showing this logo. They were pretty typical Taiwan cues around 1980.
 
Thats odd too

My friends cue has a kinda odd flat face joint no pilot. its got a Brass 5/16 14 bullet nose pin (not pointy rounded) with an aluminum sleeve no Stainless. I will have him send some photos later on today.
 
Rich Cue has a 2 page spread in the 2nd edition of Bluebook of Cues. They didn't have that cheap printing on the butt cap. The book says they were mostly unmarked, except for Rich under plexiglass on some cues. I could scan and copy the layout, but not sure how to get it to the forum.
 
Rich Cue has a 2 page spread in the 2nd edition of Bluebook of Cues. They didn't have that cheap printing on the butt cap. The book says they were mostly unmarked, except for Rich under plexiglass on some cues. I could scan and copy the layout, but not sure how to get it to the forum.

What you refer to is information on Abe Rich and his brother Sol Rich from which these cues in a very circuitous way descended. The Rich's had nothing to do with the company by the time these cues were manufactured.
 
Photo of the joint... Not piloted. It's a little different from what I have seen before on Rich Q's.
8d875c2e505a8cf0a42b370766433e55.jpg


Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
 
Rich Cue has a 2 page spread in the 2nd edition of Bluebook of Cues. They didn't have that cheap printing on the butt cap. The book says they were mostly unmarked, except for Rich under plexiglass on some cues. I could scan and copy the layout, but not sure how to get it to the forum.
When you scan it to your computer that will result in a jpeg file arriving in your "Pictures" folder (generally the newly-created jpeg will be named Image # such-and such).

Then post a Reply within this thread with the new jpeg(s) attached via the Paper Clip attaching function.

Arnaldo
 
Back
Top