• Richard Black

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Tim Scruggs

Votes: 82 73.2%

• Total voters

SK Custom Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow. Talk about over reacting. It's somewhat a shame that some people can take things overly serious. There is no way that there is, nor intended, a "slap in the face" to either cue maker here. Both are professional top tier cue makers and I am sure neither one would be offended by this post. Let's see, if I post a poll Coke Vs. Pepsi would either of them get offended? I think not. It's a shame that those simple five words are not read, or if they are, they are not comprehended "THIS IS JUST FOR FUN". I am discovering that it is not wise to post here anymore. I always thought AZ was a place for pool players to come together and discuss any and all things billiard related and have fun doing it. It seems that as of late I see more and more negative commenting on peoples threads. Especially in the for sale section. I have seen many new members come in and get kicked to the curb by long time posters and never return. I understand that many comments are not always positive and everyone is entitled to post an opinion. However I feel there are many that could be discussed outside of the thread via PM or other means. I have made many great friends here and you know who you are. However when I sign on now it's always a soap opera in here. So a note to the mods. Please go ahead and delete this thread please. It apparently offends some people unfortunately, and to those people I apologize. To those that understood the fun of the poll I say thanks. I think I'll head back and watch from the shadows now.........:embarrassed2:

I would tend to think that deanoc is not over reacting, he is simply stating his wise opinion in a calm tone. The depth of his thinking is accurate in stating that these threads that stage one vs another can escalate into unwanted slinging of dirt, and dicks for that matter; however, sir, I think it is you now who are over reacting, and acting embarrased hiding behind your bullet proof insurance policy, "Just For Fun". In reality, it may be just for fun to you, but it may or may not stay that way, no matter what you say. This is what you fail to perceive, and what deanoc said to you in a not in a negative, way, but in a rather positive nature for the benefit of all...

AnthonyLewis208

I need to speak with the architect of this S-show!
Silver Member
This is funny.....

If you can't vote (express your OPINION) in the "Cue Review" section of this forum then what is the freggn point of having this section in the first place? Every review ever posted in this section of AZ is simply an opinion and voting for who you like better in this poll is no different and should never have caused such a issue....

This is a review section guys....vote for who you like. Tim or Richard could probably give two shits IMHO. Their work stands along on its' own merrit. Doubt they are very insecure at this point in their careers and if the results of this poll hurts either of their sales then I think hell just froze over and the devil is carving some slopes :eek:

Drawman623

Box Cue lover
Silver Member
I would tend to think that deanoc is not over reacting

In reality, it may be just for fun to you, but it may or may not stay that way, no matter what you say...This is what you fail to perceive, and what deanoc said to you in a non negative, way...

I'm not sure "just for fun" can adequately label a thread comparing two 30+ year master cuemakers. They both deserve better respect. Glib terms to set off this comparison thread are what bothered me.

Anthony Lewis writes: Tim or Richard could probably give two shits IMHO. You may be right but if they do listen, and they do care, does that mean you don't give two s*%ts?

I don't think you are being scolded for having an opinion, but the thread seems to invite a scandalous debate rather than a respectful one. One need not give up tact to express an opinion. One need not defame someone to express a preference.

Ruumble's got nothing to do with credable discussion.

Lazerrus has made an effort to steer the thread in the right direction. I do appreciate that and for that reason I volunteered an opinion beyond knocking the entire idea of a comparison.

Last edited:

Lazerrus

I LUV CURLY MAPLE!!!!!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Lazerrus has made an effort to steer the thread in the right direction. I do appreciate that and for that reason I volunteered an opinion beyond knocking the entire idea of a comparison.[/QUOTE said:
Thank you sir. Ok guys let's just let this one die now ok?

bobroberts

Pool player
Silver Member
I have to agree that this thread should not of been started. First off Tim's shop is closed as far as i know. Richard is still building cues and should not be compared to any other.
Yes it is a review section but not a review pitted against another cue-maker.
From what i understand it was also Mike that was mainly the builder and Tim with all the other things that go into running a shop.
JMHO
Not even sure why i'm getting involved because this inevitably starts flame wars.

BarenbruggeCues

Unregistered User
Silver Member
I just skimmed the posts in this thread after reading the title and the first post.
I mean no disrespect to the OP but the question immediately popped into my mind. "Why start a cage match like this?"
I understand it may be for fun and it's all just personal opinion....BUT....there is no good out come from a thread such as these....ever!

HollyWood

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
RB doesn't work alone.

about 2 yrs ago RB talked about - 2 gentleman that were interning in his shop. RB's over seas demand was high then. (something similar to the difference between a chef- and 2 line cooks) mark

Ratta

Hearing the balls.....
Silver Member
I just skimmed the posts in this thread after reading the title and the first post.
I mean no disrespect to the OP but the question immediately popped into my mind. "Why start a cage match like this?"
I understand it may be for fun and it's all just personal opinion....BUT....there is no good out come from a thread such as these....ever!

thumbs high

scruggsinhand

bla-bla-bla- shutup+shoot
Silver Member
isn't this about the same as arguing who is better between ford and chevy??? it is good discussion and if said discussion can be done without insulting or negative comments - it can be good for all. i feel this wasn't meant to disrespect either maker in any way....and discussing which is better: Chevy/camaro vs. Ford/mustang? who hasn't had a discussion like this?? does this downgrade either's reputation or level of respect and admiration? no, it doesn't...hell, someone might actually learn something new about a cuemaker they do or do not have experience with from such discussions...

we all have our own experiences and perspective on who 'they' feel is better...that's all it is...opinion...are opinions going to be non-politically correct now too?

btw, I am a GM man... ;) '69 olds cutlass was my first car...I like both TS and RB - own both....but TS wins, IMO....why? playability - TS's in my mind hit more consistent and there isn't a better sneaky pete or hustler made IMO.

and it's not a distasteful thread Duane...