Ridgeback rails....?

kickshotkid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey guys, I am helping my local bar get there tables redone and have been pointed to and considering standard ridgeback rails for the 8ft valley. Best case would be rails that play good and keep the coins flowing would the standard ridgebacks be the right choice for that? All the reviews I have read say all the ridgebacks play great but they all play tougher than the standard valleys... tougher is definitely not what we're looking for, but if it's only a little tougher I guess that would be ok.... does anyone have any experience with the standard ridgbacks and how they play in a bar setting? Also do they sound like the right choice for a bar coin op? Opinions, advice, any help to find the right that will play true and keep the pockets accepting balls would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:

JC

Coos Cues
Hey guys, I am helping my local bar get there tables redone and have been pointed to and considering standard ridgeback rails for the 8ft valley. Best case would be rails that play good and don't slow down the coins from dropping, can the standard ridgeback rails do that? All the reviews I have read say all the ridgebacks play great but they all play tougher... tougher is definitely not what we're looking for. Opinions, advice, comments will be very much appreciated I really want to get these tables playing decent.

I believe Kerry will make them for you any way you want them so you can get the rebound and consistency benefits without tightening them up and prolonging games. I would contact him and discuss your desires.

JC

kickshotkid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I believe Kerry will make them for you any way you want them so you can get the rebound and consistency benefits without tightening them up and prolonging games. I would contact him and discuss your desires.

JC

OK cool, that would be perfect if he could do that.. I will contact him, thanks.

Crash

Pool Hall Owner
Silver Member
I got standard ridgebacks for an 8-foot Valley I used to have in my pool hall. The advantage is the "ridge" of wood along the "back" of the rail and new rubber so it will play better. A good bang for the buck. However, if its an old 8-foot it probably has a sag in the middle and nothing short of hiring a mechanic and more money than the table is worth will make it roll true.

kickshotkid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got standard ridgebacks for an 8-foot Valley I used to have in my pool hall. The advantage is the "ridge" of wood along the "back" of the rail and new rubber so it will play better. A good bang for the buck. However, if its an old 8-foot it probably has a sag in the middle and nothing short of hiring a mechanic and more money than the table is worth will make it roll true.

Thanks, I was hoping to hear from someone in the commercial industry that has used them and that's definitely what I was hoping to hear about the ridgebacks. Ya the valley is definitely old and has a down hill and up hill side but so does the building it's in. Thanks again.