Ringtail lizard print?

Thunder Thighs

I'm your Huckleberry
Silver Member
Is there such a thing as a cowhide wrap that is embossed/colored to look like ringtail lizard? Thanks.

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
That would be a very rare find. And even rarer in anything thin enough to put on a pool cue.

Thunder Thighs

I'm your Huckleberry
Silver Member
Right. Maybe cowhide wasn't the correct name to use. I meant a leather wrap similar to those embossed/coloured like the python which you have on your website Chris.

jazznpool

Superior Cues--Unchalked!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Right. Maybe cowhide wasn't the correct name to use. I meant a leather wrap similar to those embossed/coloured like the python which you have on your website Chris.

I've seen embossed ringtail lizard a few times over the years but it usually looks cheap and phony. I think I last saw it on a Japanese website. I pass on a lot of leathers offered to me because they don't have the feel, profile or temper (stiffness) I like for a leather pool cue wrap. Too many of today's embossed leathers have a hard plastic feel that doesn't appeal to me.

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Have you seen/touched a ringtail wrap up close?
It's a very different feel than a embossed leather wrap.

Last edited:

Thunder Thighs

I'm your Huckleberry
Silver Member
Have you seen/touched a ringtail wrap up close?
It's a very different feel than a embossed leather wrap.

Yes, I've owned a few cues with real ringtail in the past. The reasons I'm asking about the embossed option are #1 difficulty in sourcing back cut ringtail at a reasonable cost, and #2 restrictions in shipping lizard wraps out of the U.S. ( I live in the UK ).

Thanks to everyone that responded.