Robert Harris Cues

coalcracker

Registered
I got my cue Wednesday from Robert Harris and all I can say is that it is absolutely magnificent. The veneers are vibrant, points sharp and exactly all the same length from the collar, inlays are perfect, the finish is impeccable and the balance is spot on. Rob made the cue just the way I wanted it. As for playability, WOW, it has an incredible hit, it can't hit any better. Now a little about my experience with Robert Harris in making the cue.

I always wanted to see how cues were made and I got turned onto Robert Harris through postings about Harris Cue Company in the Cue and Case Gallery forum on AZ. I called him to see if I could come to his shop and see how cues are made first hand. He eagerly agreed. I took the three hour drive to Panama City, Florida, and spent about three hours with him. I really had no intention of having another cue made, hell, I just had one made last year.

The shop was larger then what I expected. He showed me around and explained about what goes into making a cue. He had various stations in the shop where there were cues in particular stages of completion and he explained what goes into the work at each stage, how he does his inlays, finishes, joints, shafts, etc., etc., etc. It is a very impressive operation and it was evident that he takes cue making very seriously and is a perfectionist. OK, I couldn't stand it any more so at that point I decided I was going to have him make me a cue.

As far as dealing with him, he could not have been a nicer guy, easy to talk to, very accommodating, open to my ideas, provided his thoughts about the cue and made suggestions as to what would look and work best, but most importantly though, he was patient. I'm can be one of those quirky guys that is very particular about things and can change his mind quickly. Actually, we made two revisions to my cue while it was being made and Rob had no problems changing course and making them. I almost thought I was becoming a pest, but if I was, Rob never said anything. Oh yeah one more thing, Rob is also pretty funny and answered my phone calls or returned my messages.

I say all that to say this, if you are looking for a custom cue, you need to give him a call. I can't say enough about him. He'll be making my next one for sure.

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Gold Member
Silver Member
I just picked up a couple cues from Rob and they are absolutely beautiful and he does seem like a hell of a guy. The points are nice and long and the finish work is incredible. I cant say enough about my experience dealing with Rob and plan to stock his cues. I'm in Wisconsin and was told about Rob by Larry Nevel and I must say I am impressed.

ivicafranic

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have 3 cues from Rob and all three play perfectly.Hit is great and very consistent though.Yes,he is a great guy to deal with and gives you a lot of cue for the money.
I would suggest him to everyone.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mr. Harris is under-appreciated as a cue-maker........and let's not forget that great gesture he made by giving away a cue because 2013 was a great year for him.....when was the last time you recall a cue-maker doing something like that......and besides, he makes handsome cues.

Matt B.