Robert Harris

hustler4483

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi

Does anybody have any history with his cues? Seems like you get a lot of cue for the money....feedback appreciated!

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Might do a 'Search'. Makes a good cue but some have had not-so-great exp. Not sure if he's still building.

The Verbalist

. . .
Silver Member
if you plan on keeping it forever, they aren't a bad cue, well made and play good. if you have any remote chance of selling it in the future, they are super hard to move. I don't think he is making cues anymore after losing his shop a few years ago in a storm. and the other side of it is, i know someone personally he screwed over for thousands of dollars that was one of his dealers and a really nice guy. if it was me, I would steer clear, there are too many other cuemakers that you could support instead.

ATX Trading

Registered
Absolutely phenomenal cue. They are super nice quality, shoot fantastic (used mine for a few years now) and he only uses high end material. I couldn't be more happy. Phenomenal cue for sure.

His personality sits well with only some people, but hey... that give him character.

ATX Trading

Registered
I absolutely recommend him. Here is what I have gathered, and I have spent an embarrasing amount of time adding it all up.

The cue maker went through a lot. The bad mouthing of him came primarily from a person who claims to have pre-paid for a commissioned a cue through him and it was never done. At the time, there was a hurricane that completely deleted his shop. There are always two sides to a story, and we don't know the second side. It is very possible this happened during the time that the old man was trying to get his stuff back in order and and everything collapsed on him. Some say he had a little melt down because he was a little hot headed with some responses to people. I too would respond sour to some messages during the time that I lost my entire life savings in the span of an hour or two. He had character, and didn't take crap from anybody apparently. There is also a story that a man essentially had "buyers remorse" after giving Harris $750 for a cue. He claims that much later he noticed imperfections and he wanted to give it back and claim that it was messed up really bad. You should inspect at the time of cash exchange if you ask me, this is the reason for set time return windows. This story doesn't add up to me for a number of reasons.

It's always best to stick to facts, and the facts are this:

- His cues use the absolute highest grade and exotic materials out there.
- His attention to detail was his flaw, thus making him work very very slowly. He only made about 10 a year. But, that made his cues come out perfectly.
- His cues are very cheap priced if you consider the amount of exotic material in them and compare to other makers
- It is very likely the value of his cues will only go up considering the workmanship and crazy story behind the cue maker.
- After extensive use of one of his cues, I have seen no deterioration in workmanship.

I have shot with his cue for about 2 years straight, and I love it. I consistantly get compliments on it as well. In my days I have shot a lot with the following to compare against as well: Schon, Meucci, McDermmot, Russ Espiritu, Viking, Predator, just to name a few.

Last edited:
Reactions: bbb

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
I absolutely recommend him. Here is what I have gathered, and I have spent an embarrasing amount of time adding it all up.

The cue maker went through a lot. The bad mouthing of him came primarily from a person who claims to have pre-paid for a commissioned a cue through him and it was never done. At the time, there was a hurricane that completely deleted his shop. There are always two sides to a story, and we don't know the second side. It is very possible this happened during the time that the old man was trying to get his stuff back in order and and everything collapsed on him. Some say he had a little melt down because he was a little hot headed with some responses to people. I too would respond sour to some messages during the time that I lost my entire life savings in the span of an hour or two. He had character, and didn't take crap from anybody apparently. There is also a story that a man essentially had "buyers remorse" after giving Harris $750 for a cue. He claims that much later he noticed imperfections and he wanted to give it back and claim that it was messed up really bad. You should inspect at the time of cash exchange if you ask me, this is the reason for set time return windows. This story doesn't add up to me for a number of reasons.

It's always best to stick to facts, and the facts are this:

- His cues use the absolute highest grade and exotic materials out there.
- His attention to detail was his flaw, thus making him work very very slowly. He only made about 10 a year. But, that made his cues come out perfectly.
- His cues are very cheap priced if you consider the amount of exotic material in them and compare to other makers
- It is very likely the value of his cues will only go up considering the workmanship and crazy story behind the cue maker.
- After extensive use of one of his cues, I have seen no deterioration in workmanship.

I have shot with his cue for about 2 years straight, and I love it. I consistantly get compliments on it as well. In my days I have shot a lot with the following to compare against as well: Schon, Meucci, McDermmot, Russ Espiritu, Viking, Predator, just to name a few.
He was an ass to a lot of people, sending them shitty private messages, talking shit about 1 of the best cue makers on the planet because he isn't capable of doing anything close to that maker etc. The value of his cues will never go up.

If you're gonna talk about facts, you should start by practicing what you preach because ^^^^^^ that isn't anywhere close to FACTS

ATX Trading

Registered
He was an ass to a lot of people, sending them shitty private messages, talking shit about 1 of the best cue makers on the planet because he isn't capable of doing anything close to that maker etc. The value of his cues will never go up.

If you're gonna talk about facts, you should start by practicing what you preach because ^^^^^^ that isn't anywhere close to FACTS
I have yet to find any evidence to support your claims; just biased unsubstantiated claims such as yours, and I have likely spent more time than anybody looking for such. If you have some, it would make more sense to provide that rather than more unproven claims.

As mentioned above, I'm sure he gave some attitude responses during his situation and I believe it's understandable given the FACTS. I have no bias in this situation or relation to Harris, I am simply a realist and approach these sort of things like a scientist would. Evidence and facts always go further than rumors.

The claims I have made were factual with the exception to the opinion on future increased value on his cues. That was more of a calculated projection based off my professional expertise in this field. That particular comment can be ignored if disagreed with.

Last edited:

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
I have yet to find any evidence to support your claims; just biased unsubstantiated claims such as yours, and I have likely spent more time than anybody looking for such. If you have some, it would make more sense to provide that rather than more unproven claims.

As mentioned above, I'm sure he gave some attitude responses during his situation and I believe it's understandable given the FACTS. I have no bias in this situation or relation to Harris, I am simply a realist and approach these sort of things like a scientist would. Evidence and facts always go further than rumors.

The claims I have made were factual with the exception to the opinion on future increased value on his cues. That was more of a calculated projection based off my professional expertise in this field. That particular comment can be ignored if disagreed with.
Facts huh 🤔? So if people didn't save emails from that ass from years ago it didn't happen?

He sent me a shitty message and I wasn't even involved in it, thats why I'm saying something.

I'm doubting your expertise in anything pool related

ATX Trading

Registered
Facts huh 🤔? So if people didn't save emails from that ass from years ago it didn't happen?

He sent me a shitty message and I wasn't even involved in it, thats why I'm saying something.

I'm doubting your expertise in anything pool related
I would imagine everybody would love to see these messages that can't be found anywhere.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member

I can send a photo of Robert holding a pistol to a puppy's head in one of his drunken rants. Great for the Christmas cards

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191126-234101_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20191126-234101_Messages.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 173

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Would love to see this. We are still in the unsubstantiated claims phase.
Keep trying to sell your piece of crap cue - one thing I'm not is a liar. You on the other hand have ulterior motives and are calling more than one valued member of this site liars as I'm not the only one who that ass sent messages to.

Hope you never sell that piece of junk

ATX Trading

Registered
And now we see why you're trying to talk him up - you have one of his cues you're trying to sell. Figures
Keep trying to sell your piece of crap cue - one thing I'm not is a liar. You on the other hand have ulterior motives and are calling more than one valued member of this site liars as I'm not the only one who that ass sent messages to.

Hope you never sell that piece of junk
I didn't advertise it in this thread, or even mention it. I have sold 4 of them and I have never had trouble believe it or not. Notice how the ones that have been posted here are all sold? Give that a second to soak in. The truth of the matter is that they shoot amazing, have fantastic workmanship, prestigious materials, and are custom. Many look for just that in a cue, and that's why they sell with no issue on my end. It will sell for sure, and I already have two very nice trade offers I am considering. One of which is a Mike Stacey with cash on top on his end.

In addition; I never called anybody a liar. I just asked for some evidence. You must forget what type of day and age we live in.

I sell a ton of cues, not just Harris. So don't think for instance I am on some sort of band wagon or anything. I just prefer facts over rumors that's all.

Still, you have unsubstantiated claims with nothing to show otherwise Jason. So; anything you have to say will just have to be translated to a rumor. I think Santa is still alive and he's probably out at a bar drinking right now in a PINK suite rather than a red one. Believe it. Because I said so.

Last edited: