Rodney Morris and the Masters Cup pool tour?

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
We should have just let England win the war, then we could all be playing snooker and making tons of $$$ now.

We could learn to get involved in Sports that pay well if you want to be Pro Sports Person for you vocation.

Pool for me has been alway been entertainment, light completion, and last bar tournaments for recreation. Not like you could actually earn much more then minimum wage after out of pocket costs of entry fee, quarters in bar box, or green fee, etc.

Positively Ralf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just do not see any US based professional tour ever succeeding. There just isn't enough interest or potential to make money as a player to pay bills, housing and investments. Pool players here in the US, as good as many of them are, just do not get the sponsorship from inside the billiard industry.

I believe a small pro.tour could work. Whatever happened to Appleton's World Pool Series tour? That was well ran.

I think the biggest problem is that no one can sell the pool product to non pool sponsors.

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
I believe a small pro.tour could work. Whatever happened to Appleton's World Pool Series tour? That was well ran.

I think the biggest problem is that no one can sell the pool product to non pool sponsors.
The other thing is, you have competing products on the streams.
Nick Varner sticks, vs Meucci, vs 5 different individual makers, then 10 ads for pool rooms.

We as pool players might buy another stick, but not because we see it on a stream.
The casual player isn't going to watch a pool stream, so they likely wont buy that stick.
Now, I have seen Nick work the room at state tournaments and sell a lot of sticks.

But virtually, it is hard to want to buy something you can't hold.