Rodney Morris and the Masters Cup pool tour?

arnaldo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well if your investing in venture, you want return.

Maybe Rodney should pitch his idea on Shark Tank, could be interesting show.
And it would be a rare, totally amusingly (and appropriate) use of the word "shark" in all three commonly seen applications of the word.

Arnaldo
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sheldon

dontneednostinkintitle
Silver Member
"The next franchise phenomenon in online betting and television syndication."

I wonder what ever happened to the TSPN thing. He got involved with that a while back despite the people who organized it having some shady stuff in their past.

Last edited:

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
"The next franchise phenomenon in online betting and television syndication."

I wonder what ever happened to the TSPN thing. He got involved with that a while back despite the people who organized it having some shady stuff in their past.
It was on at 8PM Friday on ESPN, ABC, CBS and one other channel for the last 15 weeks 🤣🤣🤣

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
And it would be a rare, totally amusingly (and appropriate) use of the word "shark" in all three commonly seen applications of the word.

Arnaldo
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I did not name show about venture capitalists, looking for investment opportunity.

Shark Tank is great name for show. The shows panel have helped people with products, ideas, and gadgets. Ponying up money for part of the action, if they like the idea.

Last edited:

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
I sat through the 3:13 video, and it doesn't tell you what it is or really anything other than "Rocket Runout" and a few Latin phrases.
Saw this from 3 years ago.
1667857932816.png

FeelDaShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I sat through the 3:13 video, and it doesn't tell you what it is or really anything other than "Rocket Runout" and a few Latin phrases.
Saw this from 3 years ago.
View attachment 670100
I've seen the rules/game explained on Facebook recently. Here's the abbreviated version:

1. Rack the balls like rotation (easy version: 7 balls; expert version: 11 balls)
2. Break the balls and select a suit (solids or stripes)
3. Run the balls in your suit in order from lowest to highest.

Then theres some type of point system established for how you did. A break and run is 200. If you choose to take BIH after the break then you only get 150 for a runout. I can't remember what happens if you fail to runout.

The game sounds terrible. I hope he doesn't go broke chasing this pipe dream.

JustPlay

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Vernon McGee, CFO for this group with his background and history of successful businesses, he could fund this venture himself. I could be wrong about that and I understand that one person doesn't want to risk so much on such a low expected return.​

I just do not see any US based professional tour ever succeeding. There just isn't enough interest or potential to make money as a player to pay bills, housing and investments. Pool players here in the US, as good as many of them are, just do not get the sponsorship from inside the billiard industry.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Vernon McGee, CFO for this group with his background and history of successful businesses, he could fund this venture himself. I could be wrong about that and I understand that one person doesn't want to risk so much on such a low expected return.​

I just do not see any US based professional tour ever succeeding. There just isn't enough interest or potential to make money as a player to pay bills, housing and investments. Pool players here in the US, as good as many of them are, just do not get the sponsorship from inside the billiard industry.

Why the GIANT FKNG BLACK letters???????? We aren't blind. ;)