Roll off and Cloth wear

blakerandy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just a quick question.

I've noticed that I am experiencing some roll off lately on my home table.

The table hasn't been moved (no earthquakes) but obviously the cloth will wear the more use the table gets. It is still in pretty decent shape.

Can just cloth wear cause the roll off or could it be the table?

Thanks

Dartman

Silver Member
Just a quick question.

I've noticed that I am experiencing some roll off lately on my home table.

The table hasn't been moved (no earthquakes) but obviously the cloth will wear the more use the table gets. It is still in pretty decent shape.

Can just cloth wear cause the roll off or could it be the table?

Thanks

Presuming no level change - when a ball starts veering off its normal path is a sign that the cloth is wearing.

Poolhalljunkie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Roll off

What is the table set on carpet, tile, cement, wood floor?

How long has it been set up?

What type of cloth? Some cloth will cause roll off (tacking) due to its weave pattern.

blakerandy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What is the table set on carpet, tile, cement, wood floor?

How long has it been set up?

What type of cloth? Some cloth will cause roll off (tacking) due to its weave pattern.

The table has been in position for about 14 months and hasn't been moved.

It is in the garage on a concrete floor. I'm in Hawaii and the temp is pretty constant all year long. Right now it is between 68 and 80.

I don't know what brand the fabric is but it is a little nappy and I find it very slow.

Dartman

Silver Member
Again, presuming your slate is level you're developing grooves in the cloth (wear) causing ball roll off in places. Change the cloth to something better like Simonis or other worsted cloth for a truer roll that lasts much longer.