Roll up on

3RAILKICK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
to another ball after banking away a ball close to rail:

In this case bank away the 2, roll up tight to 9(disregarding whether it's the right shot in a given game)

Is it a completely 'feel' thing, or do you have a formula approach? Especially when the target ball(9) is a diamond or so from the rail.

thanks

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member
It depends on where you want to bank the two-ball to.

For me it's a feel thing with the caveats that I'll consciously think about how full I'm hitting the OB and how the CB will react off the OB and cushion.

Last edited:

Pidge

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You can use Tor Lowry's method to draw into the 9 but it's made difficult by bridging over balls. I would roll the CB into the rail completely by feel and would expect to make this shot 10/10 times if I had the speed of the table down.

Runner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Roll it

Looks like you can bridge between the CB and the 4, bank the 2 almost full and roll the rock straight back out to snug the 9. Which hole is yours?... that might affect which side you want to get on the 9. Don't want to leave a kick shot.

3RAILKICK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I should have been more clear.

Using a rolling cb to bank the 2 away, then roll cb up snugly/freeze to the 9.

Focus primarily on cb/9, secondarily on where 2 ends up....but could be important if stuff lays right.

Mostly looking for clues on successfully freezing cb to (for instance....) 9ball.

Feel, system, both?.

I'm having some luck visualizing 1st ball 'exit angle' for cball ....cb path going thru 1st ball...to allow cb to track to second ball from the rail.

Wondered how others see this shot.

thanks

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I should have been more clear.

Using a rolling cb to bank the 2 away, then roll cb up snugly/freeze to the 9.

Focus primarily on cb/9, secondarily on where 2 ends up....but could be important if stuff lays right.

Mostly looking for clues on successfully freezing cb to (for instance....) 9ball.

Feel, system, both?.

I'm having some luck visualizing 1st ball 'exit angle' for cball ....cb path going thru 1st ball...to allow cb to track to second ball from the rail.

Wondered how others see this shot.

thanks

One can use a system to determine the cb path. Or one can just use feel. Both require feel for the proper speed to freeze the cb to the nine.