Ronnie Alcano

darren_simion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I remember Jericho Banares when he appeared on a nationally televised national tour when he was still in his teens.
I always thought he would go on to be a world beater seeing as he was one of the strongest teenager Ive ever seen. Him at 16 was a lot stronger than Lee Van Corteza at 16. I wonder why he never progressed as much.

victorl

Where'd my stroke go?
Silver Member
Very nice!
But what's with the guy constantly jumping in to pick lint off the table?
That would seriously piss me off :angry:

ctran

You watch me.
Silver Member
I remember Jericho Banares when he appeared on a nationally televised national tour when he was still in his teens.
I always thought he would go on to be a world beater seeing as he was one of the strongest teenager Ive ever seen. Him at 16 was a lot stronger than Lee Van Corteza at 16. I wonder why he never progressed as much.

I dont know him but giving Ronnie 9-10 on 10ball, he must be very strong. maybe tournament is not the path he chose

Very nice!

it's bugs that got on the table :)

tduncan

Bet something...
Silver Member
Very nice!

He is probably marking the spot of a ball that could be
Moved if a player accidentally moves it. Part of the game over there

arps

tirador (ng pansit)
Silver Member
He is probably marking the spot of a ball that could be
Moved if a player accidentally moves it. Part of the game over there

correct. marking the spots. it's cueball foul only.

jericho banares is one of the popular local players in manila. very careful player. many would consider him close to biado or lee van in terms of caliber. here's a match of him and thorsten hohmann. http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL71949DC0604595BF

rhatten

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did everyone quit smoking over there?? didn't see a single cig in the pool area...interesting...hmmm they must have heard...

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member
Im sorry im a big noob.
What does spot 9,10 mean?

In 10-ball, Banares needs to make the 10-ball (as usual) to win.

Alcano only needs to make the 9-ball to win. IMHO it's not really that big of a spot since Ronnie can pocket two balls on the table as easily as he can pocket one.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In 10-ball, Banares needs to make the 10-ball (as usual) to win.

Alcano only needs to make the 9-ball to win. IMHO it's not really that big of a spot since Ronnie can pocket two balls on the table as easily as he can pocket one.

can you combo the 9-ball early on for the win? what if it falls on the break?

arps

tirador (ng pansit)
Silver Member
can you combo the 9-ball early on for the win? what if it falls on the break?

combo the 9 and you win. if it falls on the break you win. also there's no call shot, not even on the 9 or 10.
by the way, the pool hall was right next to a busy street - lots of vehicle noise. :smile:

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
combo the 9 and you win. if it falls on the break you win. also there's no call shot, not even on the 9 or 10.
by the way, the pool hall was right next to a busy street - lots of vehicle noise. :smile:

Also, if your givin' the weight, your always concerned about where the nine is at all times.

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
Very nice!

Are you kidding? If I had a really cool name like Jericho Banares I would absolutely have my own private lint/bug picker and with that name I could give anyone crazy weight. This guy looks like he can play a little too...:)

toddgator

Registered
a lot may be asking where this guy is. He's never been in any WPA event in 2013 and havent been to the US lately.
someone told me he occasionally travels locally for money matches; and into playing cards most of the time.
couple of days ago he played a local pro and was given 9-10 handicap. here are the videos,

part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJmwktXfwto
part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygGAwtrsmvo

Does anyone have any more detail as to why Ronnie's not competing outside of the Philippines? Has he lost the hunger or is it something more complicated?