Room Review - Pressure Billiards Cafe, Chicago, IL

sixpack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just returned from Chicago where I was working for a few weeks and noticed a new pool hall had opened up in my old neighborhood. I resolved to check it out.

I was working so much that I only managed an hour free the entire three weeks, but that was enough for me to get in a little practice.

Pressure Billiards Cafe is located on N. Clark st. just south of Devon Ave (6400 N). It is a nicely laid out space with a coffee shop in the front and about 14 4 1/4' X 9' Brunswick (IIRC) tables.

No alcohol, which was cool with me. Good coffee and pastries were the standard fare.

The pool room has a very nice atmosphere with dark walls, dark tables and good lighting. The tables themselves are in good shape, but play very easy and are good 'ego' equipment. I believe they are 5" pockets, but I didn't measure.

The folks working there were friendly and the rates seemed ok to me. $7/hour single and $10/hour for two people. I don't know what going rates in Chicago are, but they were comparable with California rates.

Overall it was a good place to play a little and hang out. There was no action there at all. Two good players there besides me. One was giving a lesson (tall guy named John) and the other was playing with a buddy. Since I was on limited time, I didn't pursue a game with either.

for more info you can check their website:
www.pressurebilliards.com

Cheers,
RC

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's a very nice room, and just 5 minutes from where I stay when in Chicago. I played in there for 6 hrs. on the evening of 12/7, and another 4 hrs. on the evening of 12/12. Played with the owner both times. Good equipment, and a nice atmosphere. Very friendly employees too!

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

sixpack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Scott Lee said:
That's a very nice room, and just 5 minutes from where I stay when in Chicago. I played in there for 6 hrs. on the evening of 12/7, and another 4 hrs. on the evening of 12/12. Played with the owner both times. Good equipment, and a nice atmosphere. Very friendly employees too!

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

I was there on the 13th. Wish I knew you were in town we could have maybe played a little. But then I didn't tell anyone I was going to Chicago...so that's what I get I guess :)

Cheers,
RC