Rooms in LA area

caromkidd42

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey guys, I'm going to be out in the LA area next week and wanted to hear about any recomendations for pool rooms out in that area. I think Jay Helfert is running some type of tournament on the 23-24 out there but details are vague, all information would be helpful.
Thanks a lot.

StevenPWaldon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Where in the LA area will you be? The "LA Area" is huge... could take hours from point-to-point.

If you'll be in the westside, I suggest hitting up the House of Billiards. It's in Santa Monica, on the corner of Wilshire/19th Street. I think the address is 1901 Wilshire Blvd. Plenty of action if you're looking for some.

If you're nearer to downtown, hit up Hollywood Billiards. 5750 Hollywood Blvd, just a block east of the 101 at the Hollywood Blvd exit. All triple-shimmed Gold Crowns in great condition. They really take care of the tables there.

caromkidd42 said:
Hey guys, I'm going to be out in the LA area next week and wanted to hear about any recomendations for pool rooms out in that area. I think Jay Helfert is running some type of tournament on the 23-24 out there but details are vague, all information would be helpful.
Thanks a lot.

coastydad

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
LA area rooms

If you are on the south end, I would definitely recommend Danny K's in Orange. Very nice room, great food, full bar. The owner is Danny Kuykendall, he has a website, do a Google search.

atthecat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That tournament you are referring to is at Hollywood Billiards. It's an amazing pool hall.

RunoutalloverU

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Also naming some cities would be helpful, something like 65 cities make up the greater los angeles area. Also there is orange county which is a whole different world, but people from out of state might think of as "LA". So PM me and maybe we can play some friendly sets!

charlieb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
First time I have seen Hard Times, in Bellflower, left off of any list of LA area rooms. Nice action there last Sat, Sun and Mon!

bell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hardtimes

Yo, Hardtimes in Bellflower, is the "Ames" of the west coast.