Rundes

71dewajack

I picked up the Runde 99 a few months ago. It just felt like I had it forever, such great balance and feel. It led me on a search to add one or two more.

Received the wrapless, Runde 14 and the Runde 17, R12 rendition yesterday. I appreciate the work Bob does and glad he's still at it.

I want to thank some on this forum that I reached out to in my zeal to add more Rundes for their kindness and patience. I had some nice phone conversations, as well as text and PM exchanges. I learned more in the process and appreciate the forum.

Sorry for the pictures not being the greatest.

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 298
  • image0000002.jpg
    image0000002.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 296
  • image000000.jpg
    image000000.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 295

Salamander

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I picked up the Runde 99 a few months ago. It just felt like I had it forever, such great balance and feel. It led me on a search to add one or two more.

Received the wrapless, Runde 14 and the Runde 17, R12 rendition yesterday. I appreciate the work Bob does and glad he's still at it.

I want to thank some on this forum that I reached out to in my zeal to add more Rundes for their kindness and patience. I had some nice phone conversations, as well as text and PM exchanges. I learned more in the process and appreciate the forum.

Sorry for the pictures not being the greatest.
The Runde 99 was owned by my good friend barryc on this forum, who sadly passed away a few years ago. Barry owned about 20 Runde's and this particular cue played better than most of the others. The balance, as you mentioned was weighted dead neutral around 19.5 oz. as I recall. He let me play with it one time and I ran 80 some balls with it right out of the gate. I should have bought it, but was hung up on cues with sharp points. Dumb move because it's hard to find a really great player. You lucked into a real gem with that cue, enjoy!

71dewajack

The Runde 99 was owned by my good friend barryc on this forum, who sadly passed away a few years ago. Barry owned about 20 Runde's and this particular cue played better than most of the others. The balance, as you mentioned was weighted dead neutral around 19.5 oz. as I recall. He let me play with it one time and I ran 80 some balls with it right out of the gate. I should have bought it, but was hung up on cues with sharp points. Dumb move because it's hard to find a really great player. You lucked into a real gem with that cue, enjoy!
I greatly appreciate you sharing that story. It means a lot.

I don't want to get into a cheesy story, so suffice it to say I knew when I saw the 99 I had to have it.

You're spot on about the cue and I have no doubt you shot like that with it. I'm sorry about Barry, and I'm grateful to have it. Thanks again.

][cee

Registered

Sorry for the pictures not being the greates

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bob is absolutely one of the top names in American cue making. He co-founded Schon back in ‘81.
A decade later he left and understandably started making cues under his own name. To own any of his
cues is a treat. Precision has always been a hallmark trait he’s demonstrated and you can easily see why.