Running Out of Gas

Andrew Manning

Aspiring know-it-all
Silver Member
I think we've all been there. You've been playing all day (or maybe all night), you were really in stroke 15 minutes ago, but some part of your brain has gone to sleep and your focus has totally lost its edge. You're losing accuracy and confidence by the stroke, and the balls start veering off target on shots you know you shouldn't be missing.

What do you do to try to turn it around when your mental sharpness deserts you? If the answer is illegal drugs, maybe keep that answer to yourself. For me, I know coffee doesn't do the job quickly or thoroughly enough.

Face wash? Outdoor smoke break? Inner pep talk? Meditation exercise? Unscrew and go home? What, if anything, works for you in this situation to bring your A game back to the table?

-Andrew

The Saw

Juicy Pop in 2016!
Silver Member
I think we've all been there. You've been playing all day (or maybe all night), you were really in stroke 15 minutes ago, but some part of your brain has gone to sleep and your focus has totally lost its edge. You're losing accuracy and confidence by the stroke, and the balls start veering off target on shots you know you shouldn't be missing.

What do you do to try to turn it around when your mental sharpness deserts you? If the answer is illegal drugs, maybe keep that answer to yourself. For me, I know coffee doesn't do the job quickly or thoroughly enough.

Face wash? Outdoor smoke break? Inner pep talk? Meditation exercise? Unscrew and go home? What, if anything, works for you in this situation to bring your A game back to the table?

-Andrew

Eat. Your blood sugar is low.

Andrew Manning

Aspiring know-it-all
Silver Member
Eat. Your blood sugar is low.

I suppose I'll try that out; I've lost 30 of my extra pounds in the last 4 months, so eating for my pool game's sake feels like breaking a sacred oath. But what you say does make sense.

-Andrew

steev

Lazy User
Silver Member
If possible, unscrew and go home. Best solution.

If gambling, face wash, food, beverage. Also, don't chase your money when too tired (or drunk, but that's another story)!

If tourney, try to get some rest between matches. Every little bit helps.

-s