Safest way to do a trade on here?

I am curious how most people safely do trades?

Is there any escrow services that do not cost too much, or can most members on here be trusted to send my stuff before they send me the item up for trade?

Thanks for sharing any experiences that you have had in the past (maybe when you felt safe enough to send the traded 1st)?

Thank you.
 
trade

Trading is the bigest risk of all.
Very Very easy to have problem, I would only go into trade agreement with
the understang that if either party is unhappy everyone sends the cues back and try to treat it as each party tried but it just didnt work out.

There is also azers on here that no matter what transaction you have with them they will do they're best to make sure it is a very smooth transaction.

But no one can please eveyone.

If both parties have a high I trader helps to a certain degree.
but get some kind of agreement in writing.
MMike
 
Trades

I would use escrow. 20 for the escrow guy and 15 for the second shipping unless all shipping is worked out in the trade. Sometimes your local billiard store will do escrow for you to save on shipping. Most guys aren't going to risk their stores reputation over your 500 cue.

If the guy flat refuses escrow chances are you should move on. If the guy seems reputable and has an iTrader then PM a few of the guys who gave him the positive (or negative) rating to get more in depth info.

Remember there are a ton of great people on here to deal with. There are also a few who are not so good. For every bad deal you hear about, there are a hundred good ones you don't hear about.
 
Escrow is great option, especially for new members here. The most important thing if you decide not to go the escrow route is to **do your homework** on whom you're dealing with. Ask their previous customers or trading partners if they have a lot of feedback. If they don't have a lot of iTrader feedback or much history that can't be verified by people in the industry, really do your homework and proceed with caution...
 
Thanks. So has anyone here ever used their local pool hall (room owner maybe) as a 3rd party to offer an escrow service? I am a little shy to ask a room owner this kind of question. I wish I knew of some trustworthy places that offer this kind of service for a reasonable price. I know that Proficient Billiards offers an escrow service, but I think he charges $50 plus shipping costs. I think $30 seems much more reasonable ($15 for each party, plus shipping) for a lower end trade (like around $200). Anyone else offer an escrow service for around $30 or less? Thanks.

I would use escrow. 20 for the escrow guy and 15 for the second shipping unless all shipping is worked out in the trade. Sometimes your local billiard store will do escrow for you to save on shipping. Most guys aren't going to risk their stores reputation over your 500 cue.

If the guy flat refuses escrow chances are you should move on. If the guy seems reputable and has an iTrader then PM a few of the guys who gave him the positive (or negative) rating to get more in depth info.

Remember there are a ton of great people on here to deal with. There are also a few who are not so good. For every bad deal you hear about, there are a hundred good ones you don't hear about.
 
Back
Top