San Antonio Pool Local tourneys tonight

frankncali

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey guy
I have a buddy in San Antonio looking for a place to play tonight. Local event would be his choice. Bar tounament even better.

Any ideas?
 
frankncali said:
Hey guy
I have a buddy in San Antonio looking for a place to play tonight. Local event would be his choice. Bar tounament even better.

Any ideas?
Fast Eddies i think its on Parker Dr. Great place they usually have something going on,
 
frankncali said:
Hey guy
I have a buddy in San Antonio looking for a place to play tonight. Local event would be his choice. Bar tounament even better.

Any ideas?
How are you doing by the way? I havn't spoken to you in a while, I want to come back to LA soon.
 
bfdlad said:
Fast Eddies i think its on Parker Dr. Great place they usually have something going on,

Actually the address is 502 Embassy Oaks. Nice guess though.
 
frankncali said:
Hey guy
I have a buddy in San Antonio looking for a place to play tonight. Local event would be his choice. Bar tounament even better.

Any ideas?

We have 5 Fast Eddies in San Antonio. All very nice pool rooms. Embassy Oak is where I play my APA league matches on Fridays. The in house 9-ball division plays there on Fridays, so you might have a hard time getting a table with the league matches going on, and it gets pretty crowded with other players too.

http://www.switchboard.com/results....nnelId=&semSessionId=&search.x=77&search.y=15
 
blueridge said:
You were pretty close, Mark. You were only off by about 100 miles. :D You got the correct state.
I've been to both of them and I could have easy said Embassy Oaks. I like thouse places. Is Summer Bowen still running things with FE's?
 
bfdlad said:
I've been to both of them and I could have easy said Embassy Oaks. I like thouse places. Is Summer Bowen still running things with FE's?

I don't know who's running it now. I just play pool there a few times a week. If you do come back to San Antonio, though, it's even better now because they just recovered all off the tables. I know Earl was having a hard time executing those fancy stroke shots because the tables were so damn slow before. The tables play a whole lot better now.
 
blueridge said:
I don't know who's running it now. I just play pool there a few times a week. If you do come back to San Antonio, though, it's even better now because they just recovered all off the tables. I know Earl was having a hard time executing those fancy stroke shots because the tables were so damn slow before. The tables play a whole lot better now.
Do I know you? You were obviously at the exhibition there then.
 
Saturday

I dont know of anything tonight, but there is a real nice 9ball tourny on Sat @ this location.
 
bfdlad said:
Do I know you? You were obviously at the exhibition there then.

Yeah, I'm Donny. I'm the one who contacted you to bring the event to San Antonio. I went to the exhibition and pool school. I usually just email you instead of posting here.
 
blueridge said:
Yeah, I'm Donny. I'm the one who contacted you to bring the event to San Antonio. I went to the exhibition and pool school. I usually just email you instead of posting here.
Yeah, I know you. How are ya? I don't realize who I am talking to half the time on here. I know your last name even I don't know that you want everyone knowing it but it begins with a P and ends in a t right?
 
bfdlad said:
Yeah, I know you. How are ya? I don't realize who I am talking to half the time on here. I know your last name even I don't know that you want everyone knowing it but it begins with a P and ends in a t right?

Yeah, that's me. My cover is blown. Are you doing the pool school now with Johnny Archer and Nick Varner now?
 
blueridge said:
Yeah, that's me. My cover is blown. Are you doing the pool school now with Johnny Archer and Nick Varner now?
Well Earl will be in Japan when we go to the east coast and so I needed to place another Legend and Champion it his place for that leg of the tour. I thought about it for a while and decided that a guy with 8 world championships and a world champion in 1pcy, 14.1, bank, 8-ball, -9-ball was exactly what we needed.
 
bfdlad said:
Well Earl will be in Japan when we go to the east coast and so I needed to place another Legend and Champion it his place for that leg of the tour. I thought about it for a while and decided that a guy with 8 world championships and a world champion in 1pcy, 14.1, bank, 8-ball, -9-ball was exactly what we needed.

I think you made a fine choice. What does Varner teach at the pool school? Banks, kicking systems? Does he do trick shots?

Whose idea was it to put this event together in the first place?
 
blueridge said:
I think you made a fine choice. What does Varner teach at the pool school? Banks, kicking systems? Does he do trick shots?

Whose idea was it to put this event together in the first place?
I will find out what he teaches, I have heard from many that he is a great teacher though.
When you say whos idea toput the event together do you mean the whole Legends and Champions tour? If thats what you are asking then it was Me and Johnny who decided to do it. I did individual stuff with Earl and Johnny and so it seemed like a good idea to bring Earl into it.
 
Back
Top