San Diego Pool Rooms

CueGuy23

Registered
Hi Everyone,
I'm going to be staying in San Diego this weekend for a conference, and was wondering if someone can tell me if there are any pool halls worth checking out. I'll be staying downtown near the Gaslamp Quarter.
Thanks!

hilla_hilla

I'd rather be foosing it!
Silver Member
On Cue Billiards in La Mesa is a nice room (and where I play out of). It's clean and you don't have to worry about getting robbed in that neighborhood. They have a great Monday night tournament that usually fills up and there is usually action there to.

College Billiards on El Cajon Blvd and 53rd. It recently was aquired by a billiard champion named Pedro. He's done a lot of work with the place and it's really nice now. They've added a couple extra 3 cushion billiard tables, took out the booths and added 2 more pool tables. The neighborhood is shifty but there is security (if you trust a 70yr old man to protect you:eek: ) and the back parking lot is enclosed if you do happen to get a spot. They have a Wednesday night 9 ball tournament and I think they have a weekly billiard tournament as well.

If you really want to see San Diego and have fun there is Society billiards in Pacific Beach. The tables aren't all that great but it is where the nightlife is (besides downtown). I think if you spend $10 on food before 7pm you get free pool til 7pm and they open somewhat early. By the way, the terriaky (?) chicken salad there is awesome!

Hope this helps:) .

8ballEinstein

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
At the Gaslamp there is Joltin' Joe's at 4th and J. Nice room but not a players room.

The players room is in La Mesa, about 12 miles east at Fletcher Parkway and Jackson.

For checking out some hot young ladies, Society Billiards is the place for you. Located at Garnet and Dawes, 6 miles north of the Gaslamp district.

Drew

Got a little dog in you?
Silver Member
hilla_hilla said:
On Cue Billiards in La Mesa is a nice room (and where I play out of). It's clean and you don't have to worry about getting robbed in that neighborhood. They have a great Monday night tournament that usually fills up and there is usually action there to.

College Billiards on El Cajon Blvd and 53rd. It recently was aquired by a billiard champion named Pedro. He's done a lot of work with the place and it's really nice now. They've added a couple extra 3 cushion billiard tables, took out the booths and added 2 more pool tables. The neighborhood is shifty but there is security (if you trust a 70yr old man to protect you:eek: ) and the back parking lot is enclosed if you do happen to get a spot. They have a Wednesday night 9 ball tournament and I think they have a weekly billiard tournament as well.

If you really want to see San Diego and have fun there is Society billiards in Pacific Beach. The tables aren't all that great but it is where the nightlife is (besides downtown). I think if you spend $10 on food before 7pm you get free pool til 7pm and they open somewhat early. By the way, the terriaky (?) chicken salad there is awesome!

Hope this helps:) .

Society Billiards!! I couldn't remember the name of it. I got beat up for a few bucks in there. Damn guy played like a champ.

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
if you make your way out to OnCue in la mesa say hi to SoCalRick he's an az'r and a good guy. he doesn't gamble but i'm sure he'll practice some with you.

try to hook him. he kicks the ball pretty well

hilla_hilla

I'd rather be foosing it!
Silver Member
8ballEinstein said:
At the Gaslamp there is Joltin' Joe's at 4th and J. Nice room but not a players room.

The players room is in La Mesa, about 12 miles east at Fletcher Parkway and Jackson.

For checking out some hot young ladies, Society Billiards is the place for you. Located at Garnet and Dawes, 6 miles north of the Gaslamp district.

There is also a Joltin Joe's in La Mesa that is a great spot to hang out at on football Sundays :) . Sometimes that is worth checking out.

8ballEinstein

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Let's not forget The Stick

I guess if we want include all the rooms in town, we should add The Hungry Stick in Clairmont Mesa. Kinda scrappy but in a good neighborhood and they have a couple of good players who shoot there regularly.