San Diego Reader...Rack 'Em, Dan-O

girlwon1

Silver Member
Thanks for sharing. I am actually mentioned in this article - I hardly remember any of it. It was shocking to click on the link and see Miss Hil's face - she passed from breast cancer 2 years ago at 39.

9ball5032

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Society Billiards on Garnet. 9 foot Gandys. Remember it well. Back in 93 they had a deal. Buy a sandwich and any drink for lunch, play free from 11am till 6pm. Needless to say I was in there nearly every day for about 6 months. :smile:

bud green

Dolley and Django
Silver Member
Hillary was a sweet girl. Shame she passed so early.

Society was a fun spot...had a lot of friends who played there almost daily. Not sure if half those guys even play anymore.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Dan Wallace was an 'A' Level player when he was playing regularly. He could play with the pros and have a chance against just about anyone in a single match. He has victories against many "name" players. He cashed fairly well in most events he played in. Never a top player but what I would call a high level shortstop (or low level A Player), a tough man to beat.

Dan always kept his cool and his temperment under control, prerequisites for being a winner at pool. A good looking guy and a class act all the way. I was always glad to see Dan in any tournament I promoted or directed.

Hilary Morse was a sweetheart and I couldn't believe it when I heard she had died. She loved pool and hanging around with the pool players. When I think about her a smile comes to my face. Sweet Hilary!

Tina Pawloski is a very attractive woman who also happened to be a damn good pool player. She had a wonderful fluid stroke, almost as smooth as Robin Dodson. For a long time she was the second best woman player (Kristy Carter was #1) in the San Diego area. Tina could dab it, and I always believed that given the right opportunity (bigger money events) and regular playing time she had the ability to do well on tour. But being a smart lady she saw that her chances to get ahead playing pool were limited, and she wisely made other vocational choices.