Sarasota FL

muttley76

"Time to GET BUSY...."
Silver Member
Going to be spending a couple of days in Sarasota FL, and was wondering if there were any good poolrooms in the area? Thanks, Matt

bob c

In the Eye of the Storm
Silver Member
Sadly, no. You either have to go north to Tampa or south to Diamond Billiards in Cape Coral to find a players room.

Pii

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
bob c said:
Sadly, no. You either have to go north to Tampa or south to Diamond Billiards in Cape Coral to find a players room.

Not true

Livingston Entertainment on Clark road. I play there regularly Not a lot of players but it's a pool room with good equipment. If you like you can drop me a PM or call me if when your here and I can show you the place.

we had a few other places but like a lot of rooms they've come and gone.

The new Diamonds down in Cape Coral is suppose to be the hottest thing going these days but it's a good hour drive. I wouldn't mind checking it out if you are here on my days off.

PM me if you want my number

Bill

instroke75

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pii said:
Not true

Livingston Entertainment on Clark road. I play there regularly Not a lot of players but it's a pool room with good equipment. If you like you can drop me a PM or call me if when your here and I can show you the place.

we had a few other places but like a lot of rooms they've come and gone.

The new Diamonds down in Cape Coral is suppose to be the hottest thing going these days but it's a good hour drive. I wouldn't mind checking it out if you are here on my days off.

PM me if you want my number

Bill
what about Barons?

rackem

SUPPORT CLUB MEMBERSHIP
Silver Member
What about Livingstons in Bradenton?
What about Jeromes?
What about Gallery Billiards? Are they all gone?
There use to be some pretty good barbox tournaments at a place called Side Pocket. Another at a place called The Eight Ball.

muttley76

"Time to GET BUSY...."
Silver Member
thanks to all. I don't know how much time I'll have to get out, but I really appreciate the info-Matt

Pii

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
rackem said:
What about Livingstons in Bradenton?
What about Jeromes?
What about Gallery Billiards? Are they all gone?
There use to be some pretty good barbox tournaments at a place called Side Pocket. Another at a place called The Eight Ball.
Wasn't Jeromes Baron before it was Barons?

Danny from Gallery finally sold it and moved. It was run for a few month and then the new owners decided to relocate and they are having a heck of a time with permits and it looks like they may be gone before they even get open.

Livingston in Bradenton is IMO a dump now they don't take care of their equipment but the player have to go somewhere so there is a little action there from time to time It is not related to the Livingston in Sarasota and you can certainly tell if you ever go to both.

Most of the bar box tourneys have died off as far as number of players but John Meggie still tries.

Who are you? It sounds like we probably know each other.
if you've played in a turney with me my name on the chart is a Pii sign ;) It's a long story but seems to have stuck.

Last edited:

Pii

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Smorgass Bored said:
Where is Will Bilbrey playing ?
Doug

Not to much around here. I hear he pretty much plays cards but shows up at the Seminole 10 ball circuit from time to time. That guy is a monster!!

Pii

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
jamesroberts said:
he quit playing

He's one of the guys that quits and then comes back and quits and then ......you get the picture. Tons of talent and doesn't even want to play. I hate him:D

jamesroberts

"Unheralded Amateur"
Silver Member
Pii said:
He's one of the guys that quits and then comes back and quits and then ......you get the picture. Tons of talent and doesn't even want to play. I hate him:D

im pretty sure he is done for good

schon267

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
he's one of the guys that quits and then comes back and quits and then ......you get the picture. Tons of talent and doesn't even want to play. I hate him:d

bill you have tons of talent, great stroke, and knowledge of the game, but you run out of every tournament when any good players show up. 8-ball race too 1 game can be won by anyone, even you. If you had a heart of any size, you would win a lot of tournys. Sounds mean i know, but it's the truth.