Schmelke Kielwood shafts

poolfool1957

I know the pieces fit
Silver Member
Just sharing for those who may want to try a Kielwood shaft without sticker shock.
I had David at Schmelke build me two kielwood 30 inch Radial shafts with a long taper like the Jacoby Black has and 3/8 inch ferrules.
They did so at a 12.4mm tip diameter.
The shafts came out great and i absolutely fell in love with the hit and the SMOOTH feel of these shafts.
I think they start at around $220 which is a really fair price.
There is nothing in this for me other than sharing an opportunity with my fellow pool players here on Az to get a nice shaft at a great price without a long lead time.

terpdad

Registered
Thank you. D/N know these were available. I've heard some say the balance is a bit off w/ these shafts. Is that why you went w/ a 30"?

poolfool1957

I know the pieces fit
Silver Member
Thank you. D/N know these were available. I've heard some say the balance is a bit off w/ these shafts. Is that why you went w/ a 30"?
I like a 59 inch cue. My cue butt is 29 inches. I didnt know they run light and my scale needs a battery or I would weigh these. No matter, they have an amazing hit (with the understanding that "hit" is a personal thing) and I cant describe how smooth the shafts are....no glove needed coming from a person who wears a glove with a CF shaft.

DieselDevilDawg

Just sharing for those who may want to try a Kielwood shaft without sticker shock.
I had David at Schmelke build me two kielwood 30 inch Radial shafts with a long taper like the Jacoby Black has and 3/8 inch ferrules.
They did so at a 12.4mm tip diameter.
The shafts came out great and i absolutely fell in love with the hit and the SMOOTH feel of these shafts.
I think they start at around $220 which is a really fair price.
There is nothing in this for me other than sharing an opportunity with my fellow pool players here on Az to get a nice shaft at a great price without a long lead time.
I'm going to order a 30" 3/8 x 10 12.4mm Kielwood from Schmelke. They will extend the pro taper to 16 inches.....great. I ruined the G-Core shaft that came with my McDermott G203....oh well, lesson learned.