School vs. Pool! LOL

RBLilly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I felt the need almost a year ago to take some time off of pool. So I fasted from pool so to speak to re-prioritize my life. LOL

I took time to focus on my school and spend time with my new bride and the kids. We also bought a house too.

Well I have taken about a year off so far to focus on school instead of worrying about my pool game, and I must tell you it has been horrible! LOL

I honestly miss playing the game I love, but I have managed to squeeze out some really great practice time at lunch a few times here recently. Crazy part is that I was more focused or something cause my practices have been awesome, and I am hitting the balls really well. My stroke feel right into place too! Even played some local dude and beat him 9-3, and I hadn't played anyone in about 7 months at that time.

Although I finished out my Bachelor's in Feb and just started my Master's 6 weeks ago. I have two years exactly to do my Master's in, and then look out cause I am going to hit pool full force again.

I am about to close in my garage and set the table up so I can practice. (Contemplated selling it and waiting till I graduated to by a 9 foot Diamond. LOL) But I am going to set it up to practice till I get my Master's out the way.

After the Master's I am going to hook up with Randy G, and Oz and hopefully get my game on! My wife likes to travel so I look forward to hitting some tourneys again!

OK, just had to vent! I think I got it all out! LOL

randyg

www.randygpool.com
Silver Member
I felt the need almost a year ago to take some time off of pool. So I fasted from pool so to speak to re-prioritize my life. LOL

I took time to focus on my school and spend time with my new bride and the kids. We also bought a house too.

Well I have taken about a year off so far to focus on school instead of worrying about my pool game, and I must tell you it has been horrible! LOL

I honestly miss playing the game I love, but I have managed to squeeze out some really great practice time at lunch a few times here recently. Crazy part is that I was more focused or something cause my practices have been awesome, and I am hitting the balls really well. My stroke feel right into place too! Even played some local dude and beat him 9-3, and I hadn't played anyone in about 7 months at that time.

Although I finished out my Bachelor's in Feb and just started my Master's 6 weeks ago. I have two years exactly to do my Master's in, and then look out cause I am going to hit pool full force again.

I am about to close in my garage and set the table up so I can practice. (Contemplated selling it and waiting till I graduated to by a 9 foot Diamond. LOL) But I am going to set it up to practice till I get my Master's out the way.

After the Master's I am going to hook up with Randy G, and Oz and hopefully get my game on! My wife likes to travel so I look forward to hitting some tourneys again!

OK, just had to vent! I think I got it all out! LOL

Great vent.

Oz & I are waiting....:)

randyg

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gettin your own table is crucial to getting any pool time and still putting hours in needed for your Degree.

And when you start working, get the nice table too.

Snapshot9

son of 3 leg 1 eye dog ..
Silver Member
Comments

Shooting a little Pool is a great way to relax after studying. Congrats on your degree, and with going after your masters!

RBLilly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey Randy!

Thanks for the reply, and I hope to get my wife up to pool school too! She really wants to learn, and I would love to get her the basics under her belt.

IDK if you knew but for about a year I was running the BCA league at Paradise here. Let me know if you guys are ever in the area and want to do a pool class there cause I will see if HT is up for it.

Also when piling rocks a few weeks ago I hit my highest ever with a 94%! I have never done that before! Also with my new break cue I hit 70% breaking the 9 ball rack and pocketing at least one on the break.

Idk why I was so focused, but I definitely felt like I hadn't lost a step.

randyg

www.randygpool.com
Silver Member
Hey Randy!

Thanks for the reply, and I hope to get my wife up to pool school too! She really wants to learn, and I would love to get her the basics under her belt.

IDK if you knew but for about a year I was running the BCA league at Paradise here. Let me know if you guys are ever in the area and want to do a pool class there cause I will see if HT is up for it.

Also when piling rocks a few weeks ago I hit my highest ever with a 94%! I have never done that before! Also with my new break cue I hit 70% breaking the 9 ball rack and pocketing at least one on the break.

Idk why I was so focused, but I definitely felt like I hadn't lost a step.

Let's set it up. Sounds like a good idea.

Corpus Christi is my birth City.

randyg

RBLilly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gettin your own table is crucial to getting any pool time and still putting hours in needed for your Degree.

And when you start working, get the nice table too.

LOL, well I have had my own 8' table since 2006 now, but it hasn't been set up in about a year and a half! :(

I been working all my life though Black-Balled, lol I am 35 buddy! hahahahaha

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
LOL, well I have had my own 8' table since 2006 now, but it hasn't been set up in about a year and a half! :(

I been working all my life though Black-Balled, lol I am 35 buddy! hahahahaha

Allow me to change 'working' to making real$...?