Scrimshaw Cues: Schick, Mottey, Drexler

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
Hey Will,
I don't get here as often these days but just saw your awesome collection. Thanks for sharing. Since you asked for other examples and another poster had mentioned Arthur Dienst, I thought I'd post this one. It was also done by Eva. Dubbed Icarus, IMO, it is one of her finest work ever done in a cue. I'm sure that you can recall when it debuted. Hope you are doing well.

Paul Case
Hi Paul,
I remember when she did the Icarus cue for Marcus, and then he brought the cue to the ICCS show. A really well done cue!
Will Prout

alpine9430

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Watching with interest and memories!
Thanks for sharing.

Mike Bender and I thought Tracy did the Scrimshaw in their two person shop.
Will - you would know for sure.
So not one person but a team in house.

Myron

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
Hi,
Bill Schick is the only cuemaker I am aware of that can also do scrimshaw work.
Will Prout
I knew Bill did the more mono chromatic engraving type but didn't think he did the color photo realism type. I've never known of any well known makers that do their own like that. It's an art form in itself.

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
Watching with interest and memories!
Thanks for sharing.

Mike Bender and I thought Tracy did the Scrimshaw in their two person shop.
Will - you would know for sure.
So not one person but a team in house.

Myron
Yes, Tracy did some great work. Not sure she is still in it.
I remember a great piece of work she did in one of Mike’s cues for the 2008 ICCS
in Kansas City. She was not able to make the trip with Mike, but the cue sure did! Max Hoskins owns it now.

She also did some phenomenal work in a cue Mike built for Dr. Wu in Chicago. He is now in Taiwan, I believe.

Will Prout

Last edited:

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
Will,
Yes, you are right. Marcus and Eva Halat was the combo.
Outstanding piece of art, that I saw there. Only black and white. When Eva told me about the work, that she was about to cary out on all the white inlay boxes - it is going to be one extreme cue.
(sorry, didn't wanted to highjack your thread)
Gerhard
Thanks for posting, it is good to hear from you!

Will Prout