Scruggs 4-pointer, 4-veneers, minty and beautiful, 7 pics

The network I'm on was blocking those photos... So I used a proxy that I have for situations like this and now I see the pictures.

Usually, there's some evidence that there is something missing, but this time, it was simply blank below the OP's text. Weird.

So... never mind :embarrassed2:
 
Add an ounce to the rear

You won't sell it then. Someone oviously reweighted the Cue.
Nick :)
 
Scruggs

Hi, can you tell me if one Ferrule is longer than the other? lt looks that way in the picture, but that can be the angle of the photo. Beautiful cue for sure!
Thank you.
 
Last edited:
I "think" it's only a foreshortening effect.. the shaft on top looks smaller all the way around. Only way to be sure though, is a pic with both ferrules and tips side by side.

Chris
 
Why do you say that? The butt does seem kinda light, is this normal for TS cues?

For the most part, no. My current Scruggs butt is 15.5 ounces. However, as he did make "custom" cues, someone could have requested one with a lighter butt. Nick is something of an expert on Scruggs cues though, so I will defer to his knowledge. And the shafts are dead on for 13mm Scruggs.. nice and heavy. Beautiful cue regardless.

Chris
 
Hi, can you tell me if one Ferrule is longer than the other? lt looks that way in the picture, but that can be the angle of the photo.

I'm pretty sure the ferrules are identical length. I'll check tonight and report back here if that's not the case.
 
You won't sell it then. Someone oviously reweighted the Cue.
Nick :)

You're right, Nick, I probably won't want to sell it if I add some weight to the butt. :)

I almost sent it off to Bob Frey as you suggested a couple of weeks ago, but held off because I didn't want to go messing with it. It certainly has a weight-looking bolt under the bumper that looks to be aluminum, so no doubt it will be an easy fix if someone prefers a heavier butt.
 
Last edited:
What a price

Nobody bought this yet! I'm amazed this cue is sitting here. This is a great price for a TS.

Eric
 
This cue would be perfect if you add 1oz to the butt and it won't mess the cue up! It will make this cue a monster player!!!
 
I am thinking about getting this one.

The balance point is wrong. Weight in the rear will make it right. An ounce would probably do the trick.
Please call,
Nick :) 850-474-0628
 
Back
Top