Scruggs

Houstoer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just wondering. I've never hit with a Scruggs nor have a seen one in person but was wondering why when you look on the for sale forum there seems to always be at least one for sale if not a couple every day. Seems I read some good things about his cues just wondering why they are always for sale? Does he make a ton of cues? Just wondering? thanks
Ed

mel_smOg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
just like all most of the cues on az, every one trying to find that special cue. I had one of his sneakies and wow it played good- of course I traded it to try something different haha
he is not making cues any more, but looks like he made quite a few of them

Houstoer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
just like all most of the cues on az, every one trying to find that special cue. I had one of his sneakies and wow it played good- of course I traded it to try something different haha
he is not making cues any more, but looks like he made quite a few of them

He must have made a ton !

Goldcues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Best hitting cue I have ever played.
On my 2nd one now. Still use it as my player and doubt that I'll ever change.
Love owning nice cues but always play with the Scruggs.
He retired out of Baltimore several years ago, but made such nice stuff that it still sells on the name alone to this day.
I hear they are especially valued over seas.
If you can get one - do it.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tim started making cues under his own name back in 1978 and he retired from cue-making in 2012. So 35 years of cue-making will produce a appreciable number of cues.... Tim wasn't a production cue company either and Mr. Scruggs was a higher end custom cue-maker......one of the very best in history.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kept him from gettin a real job for uhhh, forever.

Great cues in all types of styles and variations. A true living Master.

May the chicken coop love forever!

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tim did make a lot of cues in his career. They aren't for sale 'cause they suck;) I had one I didn't like but have since played with many that I did like and did not own.