SE Open Tour at Uncle Waldo's in Daytona

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
Congratulations to Josh Lewis for winning the Pechauer SE Open 9 ball tournament yesterday at Uncle Waldo's in Daytona Beach, Florida. Josh cruised his way through the winner's bracket and defeated Tommy Kennedy 9-7 in the finals. Thanks to John Gerekis, Jimmy, and the entire staff at Uncle Waldo's for providing an excellent tournament venue!

Results

1st - Josh Lewis
2nd - Tommy Kennedy
3rd - John Gerekis
4th - Mark Coats

SEOPEN1_edited_edited.jpg


Josh and Tommy.

SEOPEN002.jpg

John Gerekis, Josh Lewis, Tommy Kennedy, and some guy that just showed up for a free meal. :D

DCP00406.jpg

Tommy Kennedy hands over his prize money to Blackjack...
 
Last edited:
Payouts:

1st - $400 - Josh Lewis
2nd - $200 - Tommy Kennedy
3rd - $175 - John Gerekis
4th - $125 - Mark Coats
 
Nice pictures, I got ya message, I didnt travell to this event as I really havnt been putting anytime in on the table over the summer. I Have been working hard trying to promote www.strokeitwear.com which is keeping me very busy right now.
Great win for Josh, he has been knocking on the door in his last few events. Good to see you getting out there also Blackjack, I may be at Jacksonville next week for that $2000 added event they have got going on.
www.tonycrosby.com
 
tonyc said:
Nice pictures, I got ya message, I didnt travell to this event as I really havnt been putting anytime in on the table over the summer. I Have been working hard trying to promote www.strokeitwear.com which is keeping me very busy right now.
Great win for Josh, he has been knocking on the door in his last few events. Good to see you getting out there also Blackjack, I may be at Jacksonville next week for that $2000 added event they have got going on.
www.tonycrosby.com


Great to hear from you Tony. Just FTR, I didn't play in the event. I worked the flowchart and worked the microphone so that TK could concentrate on playing. He deserves that every so often. Josh played great - like a champ! Mark was playing pretty sporty also! Hopefully I'll see you in J'Ville! Take care!
 
OW! I did not even know that they were hosting an event :mad:
Yeah, that Mark C comes out of the gates really strong, but I have been told that he has a stamina problem, you just have to be able to weather his initial storm.:cool:
Thanks for the updates BlackJack.
I spent all day at the HONDA dealership, now I am the proud owner of a new ACCORD, with the better gas mileage and reliability and cost of ownership I can start traveling again. When is the Jacksonville tourney?
 
Here is a list of the events that will be coming up in Florida & South Georgia for the rest of this year. Feel free to add any that I miay have overlooked.

Florida Men's Pro Tour
Bank Shot Billiards
Jacksonville, FL
904-998-2100
September 8 - 9, 2007
$8500 added

Hammer Heads Billiard Lounge
Holiday, FL
727-939-9494
October 6 - 7, 2007
$9000 added

J. Pechauer Southeast Open Tour

Southside Billiard Club
Savannah, GA
912-925-5398
September 15 - 16, 2007
$2,500.00 added
$2500 added

Capone's Billiards
Springhill, Fl
352-688-9965
September 22 - 23, 2007
$1,000.00 added

Cunningham's Pool & Darts
Vero Beach, Fl
772-562-1171
September 29 - 30, 2007
$1,000.00 added

Play-Boy Billiards
Lake Worth, FL
561-357-5522
November 3 - 4, 2007
$1,000.00 added
$1000 added

The Viking Tour
Viking Tour Schedule

Many events in Georgia this year!

Ladies Spirit Tour
Florida State Championship
Capone's Billiards
Spring Hill, Fl
352-688-9965
September 8 - 9, 2007
$1,000.00 added
$1000 added qualifier for 2008 WPBA US Open

Hollywood Billiards
Hollywood, FL
954-981-4066
October 13 - 14, 2007
$1,000.00 added
$1000 added qualifier for first 2008 WPBA Event

Grand Finale
Capone's Billiards
Spring Hill, Fl
352-688-9965
November 3 - 4, 2007
Qualifier for 2nd 2008 WPBA event
 
Blackjack said:
Great to hear from you Tony. Just FTR, I didn't play in the event. I worked the flowchart and worked the microphone so that TK could concentrate on playing. He deserves that every so often.
You were smart not to both play and work the board, David. Although it never seems to bother Tommy. He always plays well. I helped with the officiating in Gulfport, and as a result I played poorly. At least I have an excuse for getting knocked out early!!:D

Doc
 
gulfportdoc said:
You were smart not to both play and work the board, David. Although it never seems to bother Tommy. He always plays well. I helped with the officiating in Gulfport, and as a result I played poorly. At least I have an excuse for getting knocked out early!!:D

Doc

It's a tough job, but somebody's got to do it! I really don't mind sitting out and helping him out. Tommy is a great player and a good friend of mine. I think it is incredible that he can plan and organize these events, send out 1000 flyers, work with the room owners, Pechauer, etc, and then show up and win a majority of these events. There always seems to be a tough field, no matter how big or small.

I'm glad you and others are also willing to help him out !

For any room owners in the southeast - this is a great tour to support! You are guaranteed to have the 1992 U.S. Open 9 Ball Champion in the field, and he is also very entertaining - and he will juggle up to 11 balls at an alarming pace and in slo-motion ... CHECK IT OUT we're trying to teach him new tricks, but you know how it is...
 
I heard that the Hollywood Billiards Florida tour stop in November is cancelled.
 
Forgot to add in that the person who told me this said that the Seminoles plan to add in the monies from Hollywood to their season finale taking place the very end of Nov/start of December. That could push the added money up to over 20k.
 
uwate said:
Forgot to add in that the person who told me this said that the Seminoles plan to add in the monies from Hollywood to their season finale taking place the very end of Nov/start of December. That could push the added money up to over 20k.

$20,000 ???

:eek: :eek: :eek:

For a regional tour stop?

That's great news! The Seminoles have done a great job supporting pool, and John DiToro does a fantastic job also! If the November event has been cancelled, I'll edit my original post to reflect that. I'll also get with John to verify the info for the season finale.
 
Back
Top