Seating at US Open 9B

Saturated Fats

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What kind of seating did they have last year? I see that they are selling VIP seating for a "main" table, but I'm wondering if that is going to necessary or if a general admission ticket should be adequate.

5am

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They've had tiered seating around the tv table. The lower tiers had a tables in front of the seats. For 2016 I'm told but haven't seen it confirmed yet that the tiers will remain but the tables, except for the first (floor) level, will no longer be there.

Sent from my 6045O using Tapatalk

Keith E.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What kind of seating did they have last year? I see that they are selling VIP seating for a "main" table, but I'm wondering if that is going to necessary or if a general admission ticket should be adequate.

IME general admission will work fine until the end of the week.

Keith

Tarheel

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Unless something has changed, Pat Fleming told me a few months ago that there would be no tables in front of any VIP seats. Fire Marshal regulations.

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member

Pretty much the same as last year. Chairs, benches, the occasional stool. Stuff like that. :smile:

purpdrag

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I went the last few years for a couple of days and agree with the posts above. First two years I got there Monday about noon and left Wednesday morning and at no time did I not get a good seat with general seating. I could even sit in VIP if I wanted because most of those were empty, but I usually found a better seat elsewhere. Depended on who was playing where. That's because VIP seating is around the TV table and I could see more tables better by sitting in front of one of the four table sections.

Last year I went Wednesday and left Friday morning and there was one match where I wanted to watch the TV table match all VIP seats were taken. I still got a decent general seat. This is where coming in 10 minutes early is helpful.

Anyway, in my experience it tends to get more crowded as the week goes on, in the evenings, and for certain matches with big names (for pool).

So the need for a VIP seat totally depends on when you are going to be there and how much you want to be sure to have a good seat. Doesn't really seem to be an issue until Friday night/Saturday.

Saturated Fats

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So the need for a VIP seat totally depends on when you are going to be there and how much you want to be sure to have a good seat. Doesn't really seem to be an issue until Friday night/Saturday.

So can you still buy VIP seating for Friday and Saturday or are VIPs only available for the whole tournament?