Secret to aiming and position play revealed:

7539M~The-Three-Stooges-Moe-Posters.jpg
 
some of the instructors here might say "training, training, training"

brian---doesnt train (or practice) enough
 
thepavlos said:
Practice Practice Practice

I know this partially meant as a joke but it is true.

I can't remember how many times I thought I found some sort of secret only to come back the next day playing no better than I ever had, sometimes worse. After which I convince myself I am in a slump.

The only thing that has improved my game to a level I have been able to consistently maintain is constant practice.
 
You practice . . .

Or else . . . your nothing but a maggot . . .
 

Attachments

  • Dirty Harry.jpg
    Dirty Harry.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 337
thepavlos said:
Practice Practice Practice
Well, I wouldn't go so far as to say that practice is the secret to aiming and position play. It is however a means to an end. Which is to become a better player. Pool is just like any other sport. To play well and improve you have to spend 70-80% of your time training and practicing. How many times have you ever seen someone at the pool hall setting up shots over and over instead of just playing? That's a very rare sighting in my experience. Most of all you should be working on your weaknesses. If you neglect them they will certainly remind you and it's usually at the worst possible time.
 
Back
Top