Segmented wrap

Marc85

Would it be possible to put a segmented wrap with rings at this point and who would be able to do it for me? Would like use the rings circled.

Attachments

• IMG_1535.jpeg
    IMG_1535.jpeg
    173.9 KB · Views: 100

DeeDeeCues

Would it be possible to put a segmented wrap with rings at this point and who would be able to do it for me? Would like use the rings circled.

I don't know what a segmented wrap is, so I'll assume you mean segmented handle.

Yeah, it's possible, everything is possible. Here's how it will go:

1. The cue will be cut into three pieces.
2. The handle and wrap will be thrown in the fire.
3. The rings will be cut off.
4. The forearm and butt sleeve will be bored.
5. A new handle will be built.
6. Handle and rings will be installed.
7. The cue will be sanded or turned to remove all the finish.
8. The cute 'Mezz' label will likely be lost.
9. The cue will be refinished.
10. You will underpay the cuemaker and probably bitch about the cost without realizing he put more work into the cue than mezz ever did. The cue will pretty much be a product of that maker, but you will want the mezz logo and you will keep telling people it is a mezz.

At almost any point an accident can occur and the cue will be a total loss.

Marc85

I don't know what a segmented wrap is, so I'll assume you mean segmented handle.

10. You will underpay the cuemaker and probably bitch about the cost without realizing he put more work into the cue than mezz ever did. The cue will pretty much be a product of that maker, but you will want the mezz logo and you will keep telling people it is a mezz.

So no. Why would you assume I would underpay someone and bitch about their price? I was just hoping the wrap could be cut in 3 and somehow add some rings between them. You seem to have some pretty strong hate for Mezz for some reason, why is that?

DeeDeeCues

So no. Why would you assume I would underpay someone and bitch about their price? I was just hoping the wrap could be cut in 3 and somehow add some rings between them. You seem to have some pretty strong hate for Mezz for some reason, why is that?

Because Mezz is an overpriced shit company that relies on proprietary gimmicks (wavy, wavyII, united...etc.) that they make false claims about. The wavy and united joints do not make it a better cue. They make it a worse cue because fewer people can work on them.

You bought a cue you almost like from a very expensive production company when you could have had the cue you actually like from a custom maker. To top that off, you now want a custom maker to change the cue into what you should have bought in the first place.

Marc85

Because Mezz is an overpriced shit company that relies on proprietary gimmicks (wavy, wavyII, united...etc.) that they make false claims about. The wavy and united joints do not make it a better cue. They make it a worse cue because fewer people can work on them.

You bought a cue you almost like from a very expensive production company when you could have had the cue you actually like from a custom maker. To top that off, you now want a custom maker to change the cue into what you should have bought in the first place.
I love my cue was just wondering if something was possible to do without much work. You may believe Mezz is overpriced but they make some of the best playing cues and shafts. I own a few customs as well and like them but am more comfortable with this cue than any other. Your seem to have a chip on your shoulder and argue with a lot of people you talk to on here. A simple no, it’s not realistic would have done. Anyways, thanks for your reply DeeDee

Marc85

I understand it's because you "want to". But there has a be a reason why? "want to" is not your motivator.
I like the way it looks, no other reason. If there was a quick easy way to do it I would, however that doesn’t seem to be the case so it will just stay the way it is. Instead I’ll get with a custom maker and have one made.

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Gold Member
Silver Member

Do you have customers? Your attitude is a little harsh, may want try some honey and lose the vinegar. Just saying, I wouldn't buy a cue from you based on your posts.

DeeDeeCues

I love my cue was just wondering if something was possible to do without much work. You may believe Mezz is overpriced but they make some of the best playing cues and shafts. I own a few customs as well and like them but am more comfortable with this cue than any other. Your seem to have a chip on your shoulder and argue with a lot of people you talk to on here. A simple no, it’s not realistic would have done. Anyways, thanks for your reply DeeDee

Is the playability of mezz cues a quantifiable fact, or just your opinion? Tell me a shot that is impossible with a wrapped bar cue that your mezz is capable of. Prove that it plays better than most decent cues.

No chip on my shoulder, but people should look at things based on fact, not emotion and feelings.

DeeDeeCues

Do you have customers? Your attitude is a little harsh, may want try some honey and lose the vinegar. Just saying, I wouldn't buy a cue from you based on your posts.

Hmmm...mezz and predator make claims that they can't back up and are physically improbable, so they lie to their customers. I call them out and I'm the bad guy.

I don't care who drinks the Kool aid, but find it dumb when they look to a custom maker to change the flavor.

Marc85

Simple answer is it’s just my opinion(however a lot of people will agree Mezz makes very good cues/shafts). If you look a little farther in I said I am most comfortable with this cue than my others, not that it can do something magical that another cue couldnt. I still will grab them from time to time but I play the best with my Mezz.

Marc85

Hmmm...mezz and predator make claims that they can't back up and are physically improbable, so they lie to their customers. I call them out and I'm the bad guy.

I don't care who drinks the Kool aid, but find it dumb when they look to a custom maker to change the flavor.
It’s dumb that I wanted to change the wrap out to something segmented if it was a quick and easy thing to do? If it’s as in depth as you say(which it isn’t according to another custom maker I spoke to privately) then I wouldn’t even consider it.

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Gold Member
Silver Member

Post your opinions in the main forum, you don't have to be rude to another user who is just putting a inquiry out. If nobody was allowed to ask questions, you'd have no answers. Shooter08

DeeDeeCues

It’s dumb that I wanted to change the wrap out to something segmented if it was a quick and easy thing to do? If it’s as in depth as you say(which it isn’t according to another custom maker I spoke to privately) then I wouldn’t even consider it.

No, it's dumb that you are asking anyone besides mezz.

DeeDeeCues

Simple answer is it’s just my opinion(however a lot of people will agree Mezz makes very good cues/shafts). If you look a little farther in I said I am most comfortable with this cue than my others, not that it can do something magical that another cue couldnt. I still will grab them from time to time but I play the best with my Mezz.

That's a great answer, but you said they make some of the best playing cues. The make cues you pay well with, that is reasonable.

Their marketing of different joints is still lies.