Im assuming both of these cues were made in the same plant 60-70 years ago. I found them on opposite ends of the US and now after being converted they are resting peacefully in my Rusty Melton envelope case.
The player is purpleheart, 19.30 oz, 2-12.75mm shafts with black king soft tips, 3/8-10 pin.
The breaker I believe is walnut, 19.32 oz, 1-13.25mm shaft with phenolic ferrule, white diamond tip, and also a 3/8-10 pin.
Both cues were converted by Mike Erwin and although Mikes not a "Big name" cue maker I couldn't be happier with the end result of these cues. For anyone considering Mike for any work whether it be a build, conversion, or refinish, your not going to find a nicer man with such great customer service. I own/owned quite a few cues by various makers and have to admit these are as nice as anything I have had in my hands and they will be played until I hang it up. A lot of my intentions with these cues is to have something that I can feel comfortable taking anywhere I go play. I'm the guy who has cues in the safe that says "it's too nice to take to the bar". These are that nice but they are going anyway! Sorry about the fuzzy pictures from my phone.
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
The player is purpleheart, 19.30 oz, 2-12.75mm shafts with black king soft tips, 3/8-10 pin.
The breaker I believe is walnut, 19.32 oz, 1-13.25mm shaft with phenolic ferrule, white diamond tip, and also a 3/8-10 pin.
Both cues were converted by Mike Erwin and although Mikes not a "Big name" cue maker I couldn't be happier with the end result of these cues. For anyone considering Mike for any work whether it be a build, conversion, or refinish, your not going to find a nicer man with such great customer service. I own/owned quite a few cues by various makers and have to admit these are as nice as anything I have had in my hands and they will be played until I hang it up. A lot of my intentions with these cues is to have something that I can feel comfortable taking anywhere I go play. I'm the guy who has cues in the safe that says "it's too nice to take to the bar". These are that nice but they are going anyway! Sorry about the fuzzy pictures from my phone.