Seybert shipping....buyer beware

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ordered a cue from them. Its coming via UPS. I wanted to change delivery location to a UPSStore up the street so i don't have to waste a fkng day sitting around. Seyberts said they can't do that and the only other place they could send it(free) is to the main UPS hub which is a long way from my apt. To have it dropped at the local store is an extra 20bux. It gets better. To send it back i'd pay ship/insurance which is ok but then because i got free shipping they would deduct what they were out for shipping from any refund. Also, because i used Affirm to buy it i'd pay a 15% re-stock fee. I'll just keep it and sell it if i don't like it. Last time i deal with these guys.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do they not have shipping options to pick from?
my deal came with free shipping. could have paid for quicker delivery but location options are the same. only outfit i've dealt with that's ever had these stipulations. faster delivery at a local store would have been 30-40bux. fk that.

muskyed

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Glad I live where I don't have to worry about someone stealing our pkgs. Sometimes our stuff sits out for days. When we worked, I would just put my works address down.
Can't you set up a ups account up. It's free. That's what we have and it allows you to hold till a specific date, or just hold at your local ups terminal. It's simple and free.

Banger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't have porch pirates around here (at least, not that I've heard of), but you might have to sign for an expensive cue. Sounds like a UPS account is a good idea, though. Might look into it.

CESSNA10

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Ordered a cue from them. Its coming via UPS. I wanted to change delivery location to a UPSStore up the street so i don't have to waste a fkng day sitting around. Seyberts said they can't do that and the only other place they could send it(free) is to the main UPS hub which is a long way from my apt. To have it dropped at the local store is an extra 20bux. It gets better. To send it back i'd pay ship/insurance which is ok but then because i got free shipping they would deduct what they were out for shipping from any refund. Also, because i used Affirm to buy it i'd pay a 15% re-stock fee. I'll just keep it and sell it if i don't like it. Last time i deal with these guys.
I have had numerous transactions with Seyberts probably over 50
and never have had one problem with them. In my opinion
they get an A+

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't have porch pirates around here (at least, not that I've heard of), but you might have to sign for an expensive cue. Sounds like a UPS account is a good idea, though. Might look into it.
i do have one. seyberts told me that they could only deliver to me directly or the main city hub. if i wanted it to go to the ups store(1mi away) that it would be a surcharge. never been told this. ever.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have had numerous transactions with Seyberts probably over 50
and never have had one problem with them. In my opinion
they get an A+
they don't get anything close to a 'A' from me. i'd just send it back but it would cost me over 60bux to do it. bullshit imo.

Banger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i do have one. seyberts told me that they could only deliver to me directly or the main city hub. if i wanted it to go to the ups store(1mi away) that it would be a surcharge. never been told this. ever.
I meant, it might be a good idea for me to look into the UPS account. :)

stumpie71

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If it's signature required then if you aren't home they may drop it off the next day at a UPS location.

My UPS drops all sig required packages off the next day at a UPS location if I'm not home, no cost.

theyonger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Your fault for choosing wrong ship to in the first place. To change address after the fact is going above and beyond which they are not entitled to do. Above and beyond is great but should not be expected and should not be expected consistently. All this cause you didn't want to wait an extra day (n)

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Glad I live where I don't have to worry about someone stealing our pkgs. Sometimes our stuff sits out for days. When we worked, I would just put my works address down.
Can't you set up a ups account up. It's free. That's what we have and it allows you to hold till a specific date, or just hold at your local ups terminal. It's simple and free.
Now that Amazon is using USPS to deliver goods we have had packages left out by the road under the mail box. :mad::mad:
We have never had any go missing, its a rural road but cmon, leaving packages basically in the street???????

Duane Remick

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
last cue i bought ,
seller shipped ups.
I checked with ups site
redirect to a drop off center,
instead of my home-
only $$ 5.99 though"

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Your fault for choosing wrong ship to in the first place. To change address after the fact is going above and beyond which they are not entitled to do. Above and beyond is great but should not be expected and should not be expected consistently. All this cause you didn't want to wait an extra day (n)
Has nothing to do with the extra day. the cue was still in Illinois when i requested the change. I've changed delivery locations in the past with zero problems. You just re-direct it to a local store, neighbor,etc. They could send it to the main hub but not a local store less than a mile away without a surcharge??? My two options are sit around all day waiting on the brown truck or drive way out of my way the next day to the main hub. Complete bullshit. USPS gives UPS at least the 5ball.

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
last cue i bought ,
seller shipped ups.
I checked with ups site
redirect to a drop off center,
instead of my home-
only $$ 5.99 though"
I tried that but UPS site said that shipper(Seyberts) would not allow it. Seyberts told me that UPS would only ship to me or the main hub and that a re-direct to local store was a surcharge. UPS told me something totally opposite.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If it's signature required then if you aren't home they may drop it off the next day at a UPS location.

My UPS drops all sig required packages off the next day at a UPS location if I'm not home, no cost.
I never use UPS just because of shit like this.

tomatoshooter

I'd rather they drop all packages at the UPS location. No worries about porch pirates, no "we'll try again tomorrow when you also won't be home and it's already on the truck so we can't set it aside", no people at work seeing the box marked "not penis cream". Just get the package near me and I'll pick it up.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd rather they drop all packages at the UPS location. No worries about porch pirates, no "we'll try again tomorrow when you also won't be home and it's already on the truck so we can't set it aside", no people at work seeing the box marked "not penis cream". Just get the package near me and I'll pick it up.
I just talked to UPS agent(a real person. not chat) and was told that the stipulations i mentioned were all by the shippers(seyberts) request. I've had a lot of stuff sent USPS to the apt office for signature and never had a problem. Guess i'm stuck sitting around all day. Probably won't get here til late. always the case.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Changing the UPS destination address has a significant cost