shaft length? 29inch? 30inch? or more? which do you prefer?

  • Thread starter Thread starter kingpin
  • Start date Start date
kingpin said:
^shaft length? 29inch? 30inch? or more? which do you prefer?
I have been using 30" shafts for the past few months. Can't say the extra inch makes that much difference, but I think it would be best to stick with the same length rather than switching back and forth.
 
Alot of people might run out of "Stroke" where the cue is no longer going straight through the cue ball.. you have a certain area in your swing that is your "Sweet Spot" any further either way, and you just wasting motion Look at allen hopkins, perfect example. My idea is to use the cues length to add confort and make sure you have enough swing for powerful strokes with proper followthrough. This can make a huge differance in your game.. for sure.. I look at this as just another tool to improve your game. you may need a longer shaft/cue and you may not, the important factor is that the actual playability isnt going to change much unless your going extreme long or short.. A shorter shaft likely will be more stiff. a longer shaft at some point is going to become alot more flexable.



SPINDOKTOR
 
The Miz said(((((( extra length just to make those shots where you reach a little easier and to keep the bridge under the table where it belongs))))))! the length can be in the butt as well. The best is a ballanced extended cue. but add that 30-31 inch shaft. You will pay a premium but you will almost always get the cue makers best wood. Thank you Ernie Martinez for the 30 inch shaft over 10yrs ago. And you can always shorten if you feel the need to.I also have a phillippi 59. Look at the lenght of Efrens cue! enough said. Let the cue do the work. mark
 
I prefer +1" shafts, which my playing cue has. The cues I order now are plus .5" on both the shaft and butt for better balance.

Russ....
 
longer shafts

In my experiences, with customers, it seems that longer shafts are being ordered more by taller customers and shorter customers. Medium height people don't seem to feel much benefit. Over the years cue lengths have moved from 54" to 55" to 56" to 57" to 58" to 59" now being asked for more. I am guessing but taller people usually have longer pendulum arms and longer strokes in general. Shorter people seem to be able to reach longer shots with more ease with a longer cue. My own opinion is that I have benefited from a longer shaft and my playing cue is 60.5" (30" butt and 30.5" shaft). (I'm 6'1" tall.) You are welcome to view my website (www.triplecrosscues.com) and see if you might be interested in a longer cue. The need for equal length butt and shaft is another debate that seems to be based more on personal opinion than real physics, IMO. I'm not interested in debating it now.
Tom Gedris, Triple Cross Cues:cool:
 
TripXQ said:
In my experiences, with customers, it seems that longer shafts are being ordered more by taller customers and shorter customers. Medium height people don't seem to feel much benefit. Over the years cue lengths have moved from 54" to 55" to 56" to 57" to 58" to 59" now being asked for more. I am guessing but taller people usually have longer pendulum arms and longer strokes in general. Shorter people seem to be able to reach longer shots with more ease with a longer cue. My own opinion is that I have benefited from a longer shaft and my playing cue is 60.5" (30" butt and 30.5" shaft). (I'm 6'1" tall.) You are welcome to view my website (www.triplecrosscues.com) and see if you might be interested in a longer cue. The need for equal length butt and shaft is another debate that seems to be based more on personal opinion than real physics, IMO. I'm not interested in debating it now.
Tom Gedris, Triple Cross Cues:cool:

i think that over time people as a whole are getting taller. i saw something on the news about dutch people being the tallest in the world they went to amsterdam and showed how doorways to houses have grown from old houses to new. i think that over time cues are going to get longer to adjust to people getting taller.
 
Back
Top