shaft size

BobN

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's really nothing more than a matter of personal preference. I prefer a 13 mm shift. That's what I have always played with and that's what I'm most Comfortable with. In recent years, as arthritis sets in on my hands a little more heavily, I have tried smaller shaft. I've gone down to as small as 12 mm. I am just not comfortable with them and prefer a 13 mm shaft. I can hit a ball just as well with the 12 or 12.5, but it doesn't feel as comfortable in my bridge hand as the 13. As I said, just a matter of preference.

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's really nothing more than a matter of personal preference. I prefer a 13 mm shift. That's what I have always played with and that's what I'm most Comfortable with. In recent years, as arthritis sets in on my hands a little more heavily, I have tried smaller shaft. I've gone down to as small as 12 mm. I am just not comfortable with them and prefer a 13 mm shaft. I can hit a ball just as well with the 12 or 12.5, but it doesn't feel as comfortable in my bridge hand as the 13. As I said, just a matter of preference.

Totally agree.