• Ferrule

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tip

Votes: 13 41.9%

• Total voters

blud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As far as credentials, I list none out of line. I am a good cuemaker, machinery builder, and very proud of those facts.

I talk down to no one. If someone writes something that is mis-leading, I will respond. If you don't like what I write, use the ignore list.
You claim to be a good table mechanic. If so, good for you. This also falls in line with "credentials", right.
You sign off with[BURNSWICK ANNIVERSARY RESTORATION" Isn't this bragging or listing your credentials???

I personally do not see anything wrong with anyone saying they do good work, if it's true.

If a guy is not proud of his work, to bad for him. If he is proud, he's got all the right in the world to say so, regardless of what you think.
blud

Purdman

Banned
I am the est HVAC mechanic in the land. I trouble shoot and repair machines that cool and heat 1.5 million sq. ft. of office space with 3000 people working in it. I sell cues cheeper than anyone else in the land. That's only because I don't need the money. I find the deal and pass it on. I don't do enough business to affect anyone. I repair cues. I give em away to folks who don't have the money to buy one. Some times I come off like a grade a, 100% asshole. Man don't we all sometimes. I love to learn from all you folks. So if you like me, lets stop all this BS. I am gonna hit myself in the head with a hammer everytime this crap starts. That means, I am gonna have to buy a whole lot of hammers caus the are only good for about three hits before they break. If you know where I can get um wholesale, please let me know.
Going broke in Virginia. Don

blud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Don, think about this, some guys will not live as long as us, and be considered OLD. What you think?
blud

Purdman

Banned
Ouch!!! You gonna have to buy me a hammer Blud. I personally think we are all eternal and when we get rid of these egos we will be back in paradice.
Your friend, Don P.

MitchAlsup

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I do not think shaft taper can be considered as an independent variable.

A shaft with a conical taper to a 14mm tip is very stiff.
A shaft with a conical taper to a 10.5mm tip is whippy.

So somewhere in the consideration of shaft taper, one has already chosen tip and ferrule diameter. These variables (tip, ferrule) have more sway in how a shaft plays than taper, but taper is the last remaining variable to tune the shaft to the playability the player wants.

jb1911

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They're all important, but if I had to rank them in order:

Taper
Tip
Diameter

Ferrule

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Another poll I can't vote on.
How can you put an order of importance to these four things?
If one isn't right, the cue will not hit well.

If you think the motor on your car is the most important part...take one tire away and tell
me how the car runs.