Shane and the Mosconi Cup [Puts on Fire Proof Suit]

Shawn Armstrong

AZB deceased - stopped posting 5/13/2022
Silver Member
You got it. Like I said everytime they play, so EVERY MATCH Shane plays is $100
Jason

I guess you don't understand what "the field" means. It means I get every other player besides Shane. Not each individual match. Shane has to win for you to collect $100. If he loses, I win the $100.

Cezar Morales

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I guess you don't understand what "the field" means. It means I get every other player besides Shane. Not each individual match. Shane has to win for you to collect $100. If he loses, I win the $100.

Haha thats a good one lol
Now we know who the real hustler is.

If u wldnt mind , i wld like half ur action too so lets give better odds.

Any international tournaments that Shane plays n win, person betting on Shane get 1 to 3 for the money.
But minimum bet is 500.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member

And you dont understand that I said pick your players and EVERY MATCH is $100.

How bout this then since you want to be silly - YOU pick a player and I'll take the field for $1,000
Jason

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Haha thats a good one lol
Now we know who the real hustler is.

If u wldnt mind , i wld like half ur action too so lets give better odds.

Any international tournaments that Shane plays n win, person betting on Shane get 1 to 3 for the money.
But minimum bet is 500.

I know what the field is dumbass, what you 2 don't understand is that this is an EVERY MATCH bet.

When you say you'll take the field in that context it means you are betting on every MATCH Shane plays
Jason

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

How bout this then since you want to be silly - YOU pick a player and I'll take the field for $1,000
Jason

Meanwhile, Alex wouldn't have anything to do with what's being suggested here. He's the captain of his own ship, if you know what I mean. ;)

Shawn Armstrong

Silver Member

Jason

Cool. I have Mike Dechaine. He's coming to the next local CPA event in Ontario. I'll take Mike against the field. How about $10k?

If anyone is silly, it's the Shane/Shaw fanboy. They're just pool players. They don't walk on water. And they don't win every single event they enter. They are amongst the top 10 players in the world. But I think both would have issues playing the Chinese and Filipino players.

There's already a challenge match out there for your boys. I can't make this any clearer for you. ALEX. 9- BALL. $100K. Any of your boys stepped up yet? It's been a pretty quiet 2 months.....

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Meanwhile, Alex wouldn't have anything to do with what's being suggested here. He's the captain of his own ship, if you know what I mean. ;)

I'd still like to see Shane play that match for $100,000.

Wonder what the race is to?
Jason

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Jason

The longer the race goes in Alex's favor, I think. Shane, though, has endurance, but I think Alex's endurance may be better, only because of seasoning and age.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Jason

Oh, and, again, Alex wouldn't have anything to do with some of the people posting in this thread, if you catch my drift. ;)

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Cool. I have Mike Dechaine. He's coming to the next local CPA event in Ontario. I'll take Mike against the field. How about $10k?

If anyone is silly, it's the Shane/Shaw fanboy. They're just pool players. They don't walk on water. And they don't win every single event they enter. They are amongst the top 10 players in the world. But I think both would have issues playing the Chinese and Filipino players.

There's already a challenge match out there for your boys. I can't make this any clearer for you. ALEX. 9- BALL. $100K. Any of your boys stepped up yet? It's been a pretty quiet 2 months.....

I can't force him to play.

Yeah and I got me in the tournament against my GF for $100,000. Grow up.

Put a list together of all the guys that play better than Shane and you have a bet every match they play for $100.
I would expect to see at least 10 names since Shane is such a dog:rolleyes:
Jason

Cezar Morales

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No list from CM yet. Guess the list must be huge if he's taking this long.
Jason

Jason , i'm not glued to my az screen 24/7 so please be patient with me.

I think we're getting off the wrong note.
Leme clarify , Shane is no doubt USA best player and definitely one of the elite top players in the world.
His break is undisputedly on of the best, for 10 ball in a long race i wld say the best on the consistency.

Now in my definition of top elite players , they are ,
big n lil ko , wu chia ching , chang jung lin , chang yu lung , biado, Albin, jayson n dennnis orcollo , Darren.

Im afraid in a long race to 100 , Shane will reign supremacy over a majority or actually most of em.

However i do feel there are a few players in that group that kinda have a slight edge over him in terms of consistency and producing results in major international tournaments.

They are big ko , wu chia ching n chang jung lin which i feel all has a good chance of winning svb in a race to 21 due to their consistency but if u change format to race 100 , favor switches back to Shane's ball court.

Also the reason why i choose to bet on ko is his ability to secure top finishes in almost all major tournaments he played in , world 9 ball n 10 ball wpa title in same year.. thats sicks n i fell wont be repeated anytime soon.

Thats my rationale and if u actually look at all the international tournaments both played in, i will probably be slight winners due to Ko's higher finisher more consistently.

I'm just a big fan of pool n enjoy healthy discussions rather than senseless battle , i do appreciate your insight n knowledge from time to time buddy :)

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Jason , i'm not glued to my az screen 24/7 so please be patient with me.

I think we're getting off the wrong note.
Leme clarify , Shane is no doubt USA best player and definitely one of the elite top players in the world.
His break is undisputedly on of the best, for 10 ball in a long race i wld say the best on the consistency.

Now in my definition of top elite players , they are ,
big n lil ko , wu chia ching , chang jung lin , chang yu lung , biado, Albin, jayson n dennnis orcollo , Darren.

Im afraid in a long race to 100 , Shane will reign supremacy over a majority or actually most of em.

However i do feel there are a few players in that group that kinda have a slight edge over him in terms of consistency and producing results in major international tournaments.

They are big ko , wu chia ching n chang jung lin which i feel all has a good chance of winning svb in a race to 21 due to their consistency but if u change format to race 100 , favor switches back to Shane's ball court.

Also the reason why i choose to bet on ko is his ability to secure top finishes in almost all major tournaments he played in , world 9 ball n 10 ball wpa title in same year.. thats sicks n i fell wont be repeated anytime soon.

Thats my rationale and if u actually look at all the international tournaments both played in, i will probably be slight winners due to Ko's higher finisher more consistently.

I'm just a big fan of pool n enjoy healthy discussions rather than senseless battle , i do appreciate your insight n knowledge from time to time buddy :)

Nice list! I wouldn't have to like it, but I'd give it a try. Lol.

I like my chances with Biado, Albin, Dennis and Darren. About even with Ko's and Chang YL. And not thrilled about Chang JL or Wu.

Good post
Jason

Shawn Armstrong

Silver Member
Nice list! I wouldn't have to like it, but I'd give it a try. Lol.

I like my chances with Biado, Albin, Dennis and Darren. About even with Ko's and Chang YL. And not thrilled about Chang JL or Wu.

Good post
Jason

I'd remove Biado and Darren. Put in Jayson and Alex. The rest of the list stands. Oh, and no Little Ko.