Shane and Yang Need to Play

derekdisco

We woulda won state!
Silver Member
cuetechasaurus said:
I think this would be huge. Have them play in a neutral location, like Europe. They should play a similar format like Yang vs Orcullo, but 10ball instead of 9ball, and for $50,000 or more, instead of 10. I'm sure this would be huge in Taiwan, them thinking the USA is off the pool map, then out of nowhere their own superstar gets challenged by an American kid from South Dakota. In their minds they would probably be drooling at the chance to show their superiority to the USA. I personally think they would be in for quite a shock.

Another thing to think about is that Shane has pretty much revived the hope in American pool for many people over here. I'm sure after the DCC, people all over the USA would climbing over one another to watch this match. I'm sure that an event like this would probably create a ton of exposure internationally. What do you all think? Would this ever happen?

Shanes break makes him nothing less than even money vs anyone. The heat he puts on you is worth a ball by itself.

renard

Play in these conditions?
Silver Member
derekdisco said:
Shanes break makes him nothing less than even money vs anyone. The heat he puts on you is worth a ball by itself.

By the way Derek great job in the booth!!! (Knuckle bump) :D

B_White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Obviously you guys did not see how weak Shane got against John H. He missed 4 straight in 10 balls in half an hour. If he gets even half that weak against any of the guys ya'll are mentioning he will get ROBBED, ROBBED, ROBBED!

BPG24

Banned
B_White said:
Obviously you guys did not see how weak Shane got against John H. He missed 4 straight in 10 balls in half an hour. If he gets even half that weak against any of the guys ya'll are mentioning he will get ROBBED, ROBBED, ROBBED!

I know that I saw it!

Shane is human, he is the best player ever to live like some may want you to believe. Pagulayan also hung in all 3 sets while playing bad.

Shane will have to step it up alot if he wants to keep playing Champions

frankwhite

www.superiorbilliardtech.
Silver Member
BPG24 said:
I know that I saw it!

Shane is human, he is the best player ever to live like some may want you to believe. Pagulayan also hung in all 3 sets while playing bad.

Shane will have to step it up alot if he wants to keep playing Champions

Listen, this kid is just going to get better and better!!! The more he plays these champs the better he is going to get. His skin gets more thick as the sets go on, so IMO just keep linning them up.....My stew is on SVB.
Frankie

BPG24

Banned
frankwhite said:
Listen, this kid is just going to get better and better!!! The more he plays these champs the better he is going to get. His skin gets more thick as the sets go on, so IMO just keep linning them up.....My stew is on SVB.
Frankie

Did I disagree wit what you are saying at any point?

Shane will have to step up his game if he wants to keep winning against the best. There are several guys that have been named that play 10 ball just as good as he does.

Alex Kanapilly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
renard said:
Well, I'll leak to the German press that Shane is a devout and practicing Scientologist. Also I'll add he's using pool as his pulpit and the stakes go toward a huge 150,000 square foot place of worship. :D

Oh yeah, then it will stay in the continental U.S.! :p

All lies but hey a guys gotta do what a guys gotta do for his TAR fix.

You are funny as hell. lol.

cuetechasaurus

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
jay helfert said:
Bustamante is one player Shane has conspicuously avoided. Francisco is and has been one of the most feared money players for years. I'd like to see that match. And Johnny has challenged Shane to a big money match in his poolroom. He was the number one player in the USA for a long, long time. And you still must take his crown on the table, not in the forums.

Alex is also a great match for Shane, but the three wins at DCC have diminished the luster for this one. Shane is leading 71-64 right now and by 15K!

After Shane finishes with the top filipinos, then he can challenge the top Taiwanese, like Yang. Remember Shane got a loss pinned on him by Kiamco in Manila. No one can take on one top player after another and not get beaten occasionally.

One more player right here in the U.S that may be more than a handful for Shane is Rodney. He has a high gear that I have only seen in a few players like Earl, Mark Tadd and Johnny.

It's been a while since anyone mentioned Rodney. What has he been doing? Is he still playing pool full time?

And Jay how great of a match do you think Shane vs Yang would be? I think it would be awesome. Yang has already shown that he fears nobody.

gcgaryyoyo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To begin with, I'm Taiwanese, but this post does not represent the opinion from Taiwanese pool fans as a whole.

Yang has been considered the best 9-ball player in Taiwan for almost the entire past decade, but now he's faced with a lot more challengers that are either the same age as him or just young and up n' coming like Wu, which shows that he's not as dominate as he ever used to.

I think Yang's weakness lies in the lack of all-around skills; he does not play any game other than 9ball (he competed in 8ball a few years ago and did do well), and he's always thought of as the best shot-making(aggressive) player but a rather mediocare safety and finesse player, both of which are vital for a player as he grows older and gradually loses his shotmaking ability/runout power.

True as some say the best defense is offense since it does not give your opponent even a chance to come back to the table but you can't be in stroke every single time and you have to pass on some tough shots by playing safeties. I have yet to see those improvements in Yang's game.

Another thing is that he doesn't compete abroad nearly as frequently as any player at his level; this is, however, not really his fault. No sponsorship for players in Taiwan, on top of lack of language ability(English), really prevents those pool gems in Taiwan from coming overseas to showcase their games, as well as learn from players in other continents who play with different styles, on a regular basis like Philippinos do.

Don't get me wrong though, Yang is still one of the best in Taiwan, as I mentioned above, and FEARED by his fellow players when it comes to playing for dough. It's just a pity to see such talent get wasted.

Oops maybe I should comment on the possible future matchup between Yang and SVB in order to fit in this topic? I think SVB is a great player but needs to be tested by time because this "SVB hype" only came up about a little more than a year ago; it's a good thing to see that he tries to play all kinds of games and that he does well in tournaments as well as money games, which in my humble opinion is the real definition of a great player. OK I'll be lame and say it's a coin toss!

Last edited:

storke

One Pocket Player
Silver Member
Crazy talk

B_White said:
I have never seen a player champion or not that didn't miss balls. And I don't think he played bad. What happened so we can be clear is he was giving weight to a guy who fell in dead stroke and he felt the pressure.