shane no show

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
US Open 8-Ball Championship -- The 5th/6th-place match was scheduled for 10 AM local time. Ken Shuman said it was rescheduled for 10:15 due to computer issues. When Shane was not there at 10:15 he was put on the clock. He didn't show up in the 15-minute window, and, therefore, forfeited to Rafael Martinez Chavez at 10:30.

Anyone know the reason for Shane's absence?

billiards102

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

At some point the time of this match was changed from 12 PM to 10 AM. Apparently Shane wasn't aware of this. The other 5-6th place match between Dennis and John is still at noon. Guessing they wanted the match for the TV table, so they changed the time.

Keith Jawahir

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
US Open 8-Ball Championship -- The 5th/6th-place match was scheduled for 10 AM local time. Ken Shuman said it was rescheduled for 10:15 due to computer issues. When Shane was not there at 10:15 he was put on the clock. He didn't show up in the 15-minute window, and, therefore, forfeited to Rafael Martinez Chavez at 10:30.

Nope, but I am waiting on the flood of posts from Shane fanboys rushing to his rescue.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
At some point the time of this match was changed from 12 PM to 10 AM. Apparently Shane wasn't aware of this. The other 5-6th place match between Dennis and John is still at noon. Guessing they wanted the match for the TV table, so they changed the time.

Hmm -- When I checked the CSI brackets last night, it was listed for 10 am.

What kind of computer issues were they having?:)

Ken didn't say.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nope, but I am waiting on the flood of posts from Shane fanboys rushing to his rescue.

Some posters here jinxed Shane when only yesterday they said he never quit/forfeit
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=403275

Of cos technically he did not quit if he overslept . Muahahahaha

tumblr_mka7s4YdT21qdf6w8o1_500.gif

billiards102

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hmm -- When I checked the CSI brackets last night, it was listed for 10 am.

Ken didn't say.

I saw the match listed at 10 AM later last night too, it showed Table 999. Logic would say that Shane would have checked his next match time after his 6PM match loss to Mike D. Hopefully it wouldn't have been changed to 10 AM after that.

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
I just spoke to Jay and he talked to Shane this morning.

Shane looked at the match below his and saw the noon start time and assumed that both matches were at noon.

Jay says that Shane understands that he dogged it.

billiards102

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Shane looked at the match below his and saw the noon start time and assumed that both matches were at noon.

Thanks. That makes sense.

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

End of thread. No need to start another fanboy flame war between the Euro's and Shane Fans.

(((Satori)))

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
End of thread. No need to start another fanboy flame war between the Euro's and Shane Fans.

I'm worried about whether they got the computer issues figured out. That sounds serious. No doubt they were REAL serious.

Last edited:

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

Thanks, Mike. That's a shame -- potentially an $8,750 dogging.