Shane vs Sky barbox 10 ball race to 150

benjaminwah

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone have any idea what/how much they are playing for? Bragging rights?

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Didn’t they play for $60k?
sounds like the action days at the Rack...a set, two ahead one pocket on a 5x10 snooker table...
...for 20Gs....$180,000 changed hands...I had a piece of a piece of a piece of a side bet...won $1,500.

LarCam

One good deal,don't pay , just watch it for free like the last show where they gave all the action away. They have no respect for the paying customer

8cree

Reverse Engineer
Silver Member
One good deal,don't pay , just watch it for free like the last show where they gave all the action away. They have no respect for the paying customer
Glad you mentioned that, I almost forgot about it. I tell you what, I already bought the early bird pass, just like both matches of SVB and Orcullo. But if they pull that same crap again on this stream and leave it live on facespace for 2/3's of the match, I'll never buy another stream from them again. I understand streaming the first few games or maybe an hour to drum up some intrest from the webs... but what they pulled last time was a rip off in my opinion.

Also, I think Sky's mullet is on the betting line too (y)

DieselPete

Glad you mentioned that, I almost forgot about it. I tell you what, I already bought the early bird pass, just like both matches of SVB and Orcullo. But if they pull that same crap again on this stream and leave it live on facespace for 2/3's of the match, I'll never buy another stream from them again. I understand streaming the first few games or maybe an hour to drum up some intrest from the webs... but what they pulled last time was a rip off in my opinion.

Even if they cut off the stream earlier, they are probably going to make the video available in chunks on YouTube anyway, as they try to generate some more revenue that way. Do we really need to watch these matches live or is it just fine to watch them for free a few days or weeks later?

8cree

Reverse Engineer
Silver Member
Even if they cut off the stream earlier, they are probably going to make the video available in chunks on YouTube anyway, as they try to generate some more revenue that way. Do we really need to watch these matches live or is it just fine to watch them for free a few days or weeks later?
That's not the point. I dont mind supporting the stream, the players announcers and all of that. And yes, watching it "live" on air is absolutely better than watching it later. To me anyway.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is it really important? A lot of times the money being 'bet' in these streaming matches can be hard to pinpoint. Sometimes its the players(not often), sometimes its stakehorses, sponsors or any combination of the above. Just watch and enjoy it and don't sweat the often nebulous financial details.

JolietJames

Boot Party Coordinator
Silver Member
Perhaps after I am retired I will buy some of these streams. I haven't the time to watch multi-day matches, as much as I would like.
I rely on members' updates on this board and on our players groups here in AZ.
The updates from you fellas are MUCH appreciated.

raise1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Didn’t they play for $60k?
Shane and Dennis played for $60K (John Mars/Donny and Jason were backing Shane in that match).

In the upcoming Sky/Shane Bar Box match, it's A TON more. Basically, it's a "Corporation" of Whales going up against the Biggest Whale in pool (the same "corporation" of whales who lost BIG to that Big Whale when they backed Dennis against Sky on the Bar Box a couple of months ago).

Last edited:

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If they are going to play on a barbox, I'd prefer 8 ball, but whatever. Should be a good match nonetheless. I think Shane will beat him, but the barbox does make it closer.