Shaw 714 DVD

wrldpro

H.RUN 311/Diamond W.R.
Gold Member
Silver Member
it was not a WPA sanctioned official World Championships but just a tournament organised by Dragon Promotions, same way the 2012 World 14.1 Tournament (organized by Dragon Promotions, not sanctioned by WPA) which was won by John Schmidt.

So in the same way John Schmidt never won an WPA sanctioned World Championships, neither had SVB.
SVB was voted in unanimously 5-0 by the Legends Committee and he also has a positive attitude and has never bashed The Legends event or me personally unlike Schmidt.
Damn people always trying to pick things apart. We have been through this many times. All you negative people know this has been gone through many times and continue to knock the dust off of this subject. Simply put go start your own event and run it as you see fit and we will run our event as we want. Do yourselfs a favor and don't watch and follow the Legends events and postings. If that is to hard to do than just list your name here and we will be glad to just ban you to help you out.

Last edited:

rjb1168

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
He won the event, 2007 Predator World Ten ball Champion - Shane Van Boening
Don't care who sanctioned it.😝

kanzzo

hobby player
Damn people always trying to pick things apart.
Why are you quoting me? I am not picking anything apart. Your tournament, you invite whoever you want. I am ok with this.

I was just adressing some guy not able to use google:
How is that big mouth!:)
since he thought he did find a SVB World Title Win while accusing RKC of making a mistake. While you were using non-sanction tournaments wins by Dragon Promotions as an argument for not inviting Schmidt.

I also agree, that US Open title is at least as difficult or prestigious, as winning a World Championship. (John Schmidt has won the US Open also, so this makes him a true champion). But you don't like his attitude so you won't invite him to your tournament.

When Putin is invading other countries, he doesn't need any arguments to do so. He wants so and he has the power to do it.
But when he starts to provide stupid arguments for doing so, people can check this arguments for validity and point out the ones that make no sense. I am sorry if I hurt your feelings pointing out some non-sense arguments from you.

Last edited:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Why are you quoting me? I am not picking anything apart. Your tournament, you invite whoever you want. I am ok with this.

since he thought he did find a SVB World Title Win while accusing RCB of making a mistake. While you were using non-sanction tournaments wins by Dragon Promotions as an argument for not inviting Schmidt.

I also agree, that US Open title is at least as difficult or prestigious, as winning a World Championship. (John Schmidt has won the US Open also, so this makes him a true champion). But you don't like his attitude so you won't invite him to your tournament.

When Putin is invading other countries, he doesn't need any arguments to do so. He wants so and he has the power to do it.
But when he starts to provide stupid arguments for doing so, people can check this arguments for validity and point out the ones that make no sense. I am sorry if I hurt your feelings pointing out some non-sense arguments from you.
Since 2006, only 2 Americans have won the US Open 9B event, John Schmidt and SVB, and yes, Shane won it 5 times, and the ONLY player to have ever won it 4 out of 5 times entering it.

rjb1168

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

since he thought he did find a SVB World Title Win while accusing RKC of making a mistake. While you were using non-sanction tournaments wins by Dragon Promotions as an argument for not inviting Schmidt.

You are so smart!

middleofnowhere

Registered
it was not a WPA sanctioned official World Championships but just a tournament organised by Dragon Promotions, same way the 2012 World 14.1 Tournament (organized by Dragon Promotions, not sanctioned by WPA) which was won by John Schmidt.

So in the same way John Schmidt never won an WPA sanctioned World Championships, neither had SVB.
SVB was voted in unanimously 5-0 by the Legends Committee and he also has a positive attitude and has never bashed The Legends event ot me personally unlike Schmidt.
Damn people always trying to pick things apart. We have been through this many times. All you negative people know this has been gone through many times and continue to knock the dust off of this subject. Simply put go start your own event and run it as you see fit and we will run our event as we want. Do yourselfs a favor and don't watch and follow the Legends events and postings. If that is to hard to do than just list your name here and we will be glad to just ban you to help you out.
When somebody has to feel like they need to keep defending themselves, they must feel like there's something to defend.
I know you're not a lady but as Shakespeare said,
"Methinks the lady doth protest too much"

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don’t care what size the pockets are or what the throat size is or down angle etc. The fact is Shaw ran more balls than anyone else on camera. That’s the record.

If someone can build a easier table and go beat it. Then go do it. It’s not expensive. Plenty of guys with the $ to put this together.

There’s lots of tables, plenty of guys to gaff up the box how ever they want-thinking it might be easier to run more balls. Go gaff away. What is the easiest possible pocket profile? Go use that!

There’s no shortage of cameras, bandwidth and a room to install a table and create a production.

If it’s so easy, why isn’t anyone else doing it?

Just go buy the next world record.

Look if Shaw sells 50% of the dvd/thumb drives and part of the cloth, cue etc that covers more than the production costs. And since it’s a world record can you really put a price on that?

So again, if it’s so easy-why isn’t it being done. Invite JS, pay him $5000 show up $ for a pre determined number of attempts. He’s honorable and would do his best. Invite everyone who wants to come. Not limit it to positive attitudes and past successes. Get Gorst, Filler, Christ himself.

If it’s so easy…….

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don’t care what size the pockets are or what the throat size is or down angle etc. The fact is Shaw ran more balls than anyone else on camera. That’s the record.

If someone can build a easier table and go beat it. Then go do it. It’s not expensive. Plenty of guys with the $ to put this together.

There’s lots of tables, plenty of guys to gaff up the box how ever they want-thinking it might be easier to run more balls. Go gaff away. What is the easiest possible pocket profile? Go use that!

There’s no shortage of cameras, bandwidth and a room to install a table and create a production.

If it’s so easy, why isn’t anyone else doing it?

Just go buy the next world record.

Look if Shaw sells 50% of the dvd/thumb drives and part of the cloth, cue etc that covers more than the production costs. And since it’s a world record can you really put a price on that?

So again, if it’s so easy-why isn’t it being done. Invite JS, pay him $5000 show up $ for a pre determined number of attempts. He’s honorable and would do his best. Invite everyone who wants to come. Not limit it to positive attitudes and past successes. Get Gorst, Filler, Christ himself.

If it’s so easy…….
This is just a whiny bitch fest, no need for any common sense here. These people complaining need to feel better about themselves and you're not helping. So go about your business and let these keyboard crybabies have their day. You big meanie.

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, I have no issues at all with the price, or the attempt to capitalize on the achievement- it is all fine with me. For myself, personally, though, I have no interest in buying the view. I am very, very old school when it comes to this game and also in most things in life. The video that I did watch of Jason running racks was that of a guy literally running through racks that broke wide open and balls that were pocketed in machine gun like fashion for reasons that I will just not get into again here. It was still a great achievement- no doubt!

For me, I just don't see the artistic and creative elements of this great game of 14.1 at play very much with the type of equipment set up for this high run exhibition. It seemed more like a circus frenzy then a surgeon wielding a fine instrument to navigate the complexities of rack after rack. I prefer the latter style of 14.1 play.

This is just my own observations and feelings on all of this. I would rather watch a 150 ball run such as the one that Irving Crane put on Joe Balsis at the 1966 U.S. Open and several others in succeeding years by the likes of Sigel et. al.

Just my personal thoughts on the matter.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, I have no issues at all with the price, or the attempt to capitalize on the achievement- it is all fine with me. For myself, personally, though, I have no interest in buying the view. I am very, very old school when it comes to this game and also in most things in life. The video that I did watch of Jason running racks was that of a guy literally running through racks that broke wide open and balls that were pocketed in machine gun like fashion for reasons that I will just not get into again here. It was still a great achievement- no doubt!

For me, I just don't see the artistic and creative elements of this great game of 14.1 at play very much with the type of equipment set up for this high run exhibition. It seemed more like a circus frenzy then a surgeon wielding a fine instrument to navigate the complexities of rack after rack. I prefer the latter style of 14.1 play.

This is just my own observations and feelings on all of this. I would rather watch a 150 ball run such as the one that Irving Crane put on Joe Balsis at the 1966 U.S. Open and several others in succeeding years by the likes of Sigel et. al.

Just my personal thoughts on the matter.
The equipment changes (faster everything) has changed pool, tennis, golf etc.

It’s impossible to compare past and current styles of play.

Like Segal said to me in a non pool conversation “everything changes” was just a coincidence that Mike happened to be the person to say that-it really caught my attention. He’s right. Everything does change for the most part. Ok gravity is still the same, people have to eat. But in general things don’t last or stay the same. So goes pool.

Best
Fatboy<———likes slow cloth

Last edited:

tim913

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought a copy but I’ll never view it, I won’t even open the package. I’ll watch what I can online or someone else’s copy.

I’ll just put it in a safe location with a lot of other collectible stuff I’ve acquired in life and turn over to the kids when I’m gone. Maybe in 50 years some of the stuff will be worth something

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The equipment changes (faster everything) has changed pool, tennis, golf etc.

It’s impossible to compare past and current styles of play.

Like Segal said to me in a non pool conversation “everything changes” was just a coincidence that Mike happened to be the person to say that-it really caught my attention. He’s right. Everything does change for the most part. Ok gravity is still the same, people have to eat. But in general things don’t last or stay the same. So goes pool.

Best
Fatboy<———likes slow cloth
Yes - I appreciate that nothing stays the same- things change, faster everything in sports, but my point was when you take the faster everything ( new) and combine that with other factors like larger pockets ( old) -- you get a hybrid form of 14.1 that just is not to my viewing preference.

That's it- no controversy, no complaints, as I said- certainly a great accomplishment - take nothing away from the event, just not really for me in this hybrid approach.

I can envision a mid 1950s room filled with spectators, filled with smoke, 40s/early 50s HVAC system, standard cloth, used commercial room table, 50s balls, racks, etc. - in these circumstances the game of 14.1 played much different and that is the style that I truly enjoy.

middleofnowhere

Registered
I bought a copy but I’ll never view it, I won’t even open the package. I’ll watch what I can online or someone else’s copy.

I’ll just put it in a safe location with a lot of other collectible stuff I’ve acquired in life and turn over to the kids when I’m gone. Maybe in 50 years some of the stuff will be worth something
Better pack away a DVD player with it.