Shaw 714 DVD

PoolPlayer4

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe you need an asterisk next to ass and I'm more convinced after seeing your many post busting Jaysons chops and our event and equipment. Jayson ran over 700 balls on legitimate equipment and thousands of people has seen it. The only run over 526 than more than 5 people have seen unedited footage of.
Thought you weren't hung up on John Schmidt, who broke a 65-year-old record on standard unmodified equipment???? Unlike your "legitimate" equipment.

Love Jason Shaw and all props to him, but you're a farce bro.

middleofnowhere

Registered
Well it's certainly not your Company's or even your business concerning anything,but you are certainly welcome to give your opinion as we all can see you go out of your way in multiple threads to do so.
*ASS AKA*STALKER
The 724 DVD is being advertised right on this very website in paid for advertizing for $69.00. While you are trying to sell it for half the price with a free posting.
Your quite a guy.

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well it's certainly not your Company's or even your business concerning anything,but you are certainly welcome to give your opinion as we all can see you go out of your way in multiple threads to do so.
*ASS AKA*STALKER
Classy.

wrldpro

H.RUN 311/Diamond W.R.
Gold Member
Silver Member
The 724 DVD is being advertised right on this very website in paid for advertizing for $69.00. While you are trying to sell it for half the price with a free posting.
Your quite a guy.
Wrong again. Seyberts is selling the whole video package for 69.95 which includes a dvd,signed picture and a certificate of Authenticity. We are offering just the video only for 35.00. Thanks for the free advertising

middleofnowhere

Registered
Wrong again. Seyberts is selling the whole video package for 69.95 which includes a dvd,signed picture and a certificate of Authenticity. We are offering just the video only for 35.00. Thanks for the free advertising
So the ones who paid you $125.00 were just suckers? They paid the extra money for a piece of cloth?

You have created an alternative product for the buyer. Why would they pay twice as much to Seyberts just to get a picture. Seyberts will be lucky to sell any now.

Last edited:

Dimeball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Everyone had to know this would happen. The original asking price is absurd. Let this be a lesson to you kids, don't fall for the turd in the box marked guaranteed, to quote Tommy B.
Also, for heavens sakes, Shaw has stated he will have a go at it again, the record will likely fall sooner rather than later, just say no to that when it's a ridiculous price including his sweat rag or something else silly and this one ends up on youtube for FREE...

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I bought the original package. I am not disappointed I did. My son and I watched the dvd monday night. It was an impressive run. If I were Jayson I would let that record stand for a good while. Probably until someone else beats it. People would lose interest in buying dvds every couple of months of a new record.

middleofnowhere

Registered
That's funny. Seyberts probably paid you around $35.00 wholesale (they thought) for the ones they are selling and now will have no choice but to mark them down to get rid of them.

All by yourself you took what was hopefully a collectable and worth a selling price of $125.00 and made it worth almost nothing.

Those who do buy it for $35.00 after they watch it and of course make a copy, will put them on ebay for $20.00.
What a marketing genius and you call me an ass, what a dope.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Legitimate equipment by what standard? Certainly not for professional pool standards and borderline as to whether it would even be considered legitimate by any serious poolroom’s standards.

more legit than an 8ft imo. and all footage i've seen of old school straight pool has monster buckets. that has to be taken into account when discussing old records.

professional pool competitive standards, of course not. anything above 4.5 is a joke by today's pro standards, but just 20 years ago they played the world 9-ball championship on GC buckets. i don't know how relevant the pro scene is for straight pool records, a number like this would certainly not be achievable on a diamond table, we all know that.

Last edited:

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought the original package. I am not disappointed I did. My son and I watched the dvd monday night. It was an impressive run. If I were Jayson I would let that record stand for a good while. Probably until someone else beats it. People would lose interest in buying dvds every couple of months of a new record.

thanks for this input. in those rare occasions i open this (like all straight pool record related, very contagious) thread this is what i want to read. haven't bought the run yet, saw it on the live feed(s). how was the commentary?

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Legitimate equipment by what standard? Certainly not for professional pool standards and borderline as to whether it would even be considered legitimate by any serious poolroom’s standards.

Legit in comparison to the table Mosconi achieved his high run.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I

If they are wholesaleing them to a dealer. They should not be undercutting their own dealers price selling direct. You just don't do that. In fact you refer any inquires to your dealer.

lol, I wouldn't worry about how we're handling sales if I were you.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's not debatable, it's just not done, period. Calling me names does not change anything.
What you do privately is one thing but not publicly.

Didn't know the particulars of any deal with anyone was in the public domain.

Lou Figueroa

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thought you weren't hung up on John Schmidt, who broke a 65-year-old record on standard unmodified equipment???? Unlike your "legitimate" equipment.

Love Jason Shaw and all props to him, but you're a farce bro.

There's no way to know how legitimate the equipment was for John's run.

Our video is out there... if you're going to make a comparison I'm compelled to ask: where's John's video so we can all make the comparison?

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's funny. Seyberts probably paid you around $35.00 wholesale (they thought) for the ones they are selling and now will have no choice but to mark them down to get rid of them.

All by yourself you took what was hopefully a collectable and worth a selling price of $125.00 and made it worth almost nothing.

Those who do buy it for $35.00 after they watch it and of course make a copy, will put them on ebay for $20.00.
What a marketing genius and you call me an ass, what a dope.

Bobby owns several successful businesses -- I don't think I'm giving much away to state that he is a millionaire several times over.

So before you go trashing his business acumen I gotta ask: how 'bout you? What are your business credentials?

Lou Figueroa

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There's no way to know how legitimate the equipment was for John's run.

Our video is out there... if you're going to make a comparison I'm compelled to ask: where's John's video so we can all make the comparison?

Lou Figueroa
To my knowledge, the exact pocket specs for the 714 table were never clearly revealed either, in terms of the pocket mouth measurements and even more importantly the pocket facing angles. Seems like the table was conveniently disassembled very shortly after the record run, to prevent the possibility of an accurate measurement of the pocket specs to be confirmed by a neutral party.

Last edited:

arnaldo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's true of the wider, generalized group of 14.1 player/fans who are potential customers for DVDs. But a small segment of those, like myself will regularly and dependably buy sensibly-priced ultra-high run DVDs when they instructively show uniquely differing styles via which those runs were achieved.

For instance:
-- Ruslan Chinakhov's close-to-old-style rack navigation

-- Darren Appleton's high runs remarkably achieved with that minimal backstroke, rehearsal-absent stroke

-- Souquet's Zen-like demeanor & subconsciously informed, smooth and steady, measured problem solving -- a flowing river of imperceptible strategy decisions where only the result is absorbingly visible.

-- And Willie . . . never DVD-ed, but magically and clearly abundant in my memory banks.

Calm, sustained excellence at its inspiring near-spiritual best with all of these select players. As with Buddy Hall's commentating voice -- I can watch/listen all day to individuals like these that our sport is blessed with.

And like the art produced by Masters in any visually-arresting discipline, total beauty can manifest itself via a near-infinite variety of styles. That's a rewarding life lesson conveyed by our colorful beloved sport.

Arnaldo ~ I hate when my typing fingers start wanting to detour to . . . ugh . . . poetry. Where does that drivel come from in an old soldier. Enough already.

middleofnowhere

Registered
Legit in comparison to the table Mosconi achieved his high run.

Lou Figueroa
The run has nothing to do with Mosconi, these are two different eras. It should be based on today accepted standards. I think the pocket size is only one aspect, maybe the least.

The balls, cloth and rails would be bigger factors. Running balls in the average a pool room in the 1950s was a chore. Running balls was no bargin back then. Just getting through racks was work. Today's tables overall I would say are actually easier.