Shaw 714 DVD

arnaldo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I believe it was the four ball -- sort of a pink colored ball in the set.

I'd also have to agree with Bob that the number of times he bumps a ball into position was extraordinary. I'm not so sure his patterns were the best but after that run whadda I know. My only other comment is that his whole demeanor during the run is of someone just strolling around a pool table, almost looking like he's killing time waiting for his wife to get ready to go out to dinner, and just plinking balls off the table. It's nuts.

Lou Figueroa
Beautiful and delightfully on-point imagery there, Lou. You've perfectly captured Jayson's uncommonly relaxed, Zen-like and almost detached and playful nonchalance.

Quite remarkable, as you precisely say -- demeanor -- considering what he achieved . . . and I can't think of any other sport where such relaxed, casualness could produce the sustained excellence that it did. And not a trace of fatigue evident throughout the run. He's done the roadwork that Joe Frazier advises.

It is historically common in the performing arts where top-tier actors (Streep, Brando) and singers (Sinatra) have their envious, bewildered, but enchanted peers saying he/she makes it all look so damned easy. It's definitely counter-intuitive to associate such seeming ease and nonchalance with possibly the most precise of all sports.

Arnaldo

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
it has been said before, but it still remains so crazy that Schmidt never sold a DVD of the run. And props to Shaw and crew for actually making it happen.

Kinda makes you wonder what's up with that.

Shaw ran balls, we put the video out there, Shaw makes money, 14.1 fans get to see it.

Lou Figueroa
it's not complicated

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Just heard the 714 is now 669? What's that all about? Jayson touched a ball maybe?

[669 = 47 racks + 11]

Edit -- I see we have a separate thread on this subject.

Last edited:

DynoDan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just started watching it. WOW! This guy is a ball-making machine! He drops 10 in the time it takes me just to get down on a shot. Not only is he instantly recognizing patterns, but instinctively knows when to run into & spread groups. Sure points out the difference between an actual ‘pro’, and the rest of us ‘dabblers’.
One thing I noticed, the template allows for much less speed applied on the breakshots in order for the rack to spread well. Hitting that shot hard enough to spread balls racked with a triangle certainly increases the chance of a miss. Often a quandary for me, whether to hit the breakshot soft enough to insure it sinks, and then have to pick apart the pack piecemeal, or ‘go for it’, and guarantee a good spread.
Just another reason to set future/official ‘record-run’ equipment standards, and start fresh.

DynoDan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One thing I noticed, the template allows for much less speed applied on the breakshots in order for the rack to spread well. Hitting that shot hard enough to spread balls racked with a triangle certainly increases the chance of a miss. Often a quandary for me, whether to hit the breakshot soft enough to insure it sinks, and then have to pick apart the pack piecemeal, or ‘go for it’, and guarantee a good spread.
Just another reason to set future/official ‘record-run’ equipment standards, and start fresh.
Just about done watching the DVD. Aside from being in ‘dead stroke’ after playing all day, and his incredible skill notwithstanding, he should have gone right out and bought a Powerball ticket! Never had to bank or suffer a scratch, and was never totally sewed after the break (though he came within less than an inch several times) for over 700 balls. Unbelievable!

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
867C81CD-1239-4B98-9418-90701172F461.jpeg

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, they were using the "TV" colors with the pink four (+12) and light brown seven (+15). I'm often unable to tell whether a ball is the four or five unless they are both on the table.
Imagine how many balls he could run if they were the proper colors?😂😉

Hope your having a nice summer Bob
Fatboy😃

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No Filter DM....

I am 1,000,000,000 % shocked at how much whining and crying about the record he set here and else where there has been.

Ok, actually I am not.

I'm ready for him to make another go at it!

I even got the treats and supplies ready for my friends here for when it starts:

🍺🍻🍿🍿🥜🥜🍕🍕🍔🍔🌮🌮🍹🥂🚰🍸🍾🍷

And...........

🍼🍼🍼🍼🍼🍼

kleenix.jpg

homepage-hero-packshots-fs-md.png

diaper.jpg

diaper creme.jpg