Shelti Barboxes?

MisterBanker

Appalachain American
Silver Member
Went to a bar that I'd never been to before and they had a Shelti 7 foot. I'd never heard of the brand much less played on one before, but it was a fantastic playing table, played way better than any Dynamo and most all Valleys that I've played on.

StrokeofLuck

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Interesting, my experience is just the opposite, a Shelti is a cheap Valley knockoff and I'd take a Dynamo over them any time.

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
Went to a bar that I'd never been to before and they had a Shelti 7 foot. I'd never heard of the brand much less played on one before, but it was a fantastic playing table, played way better than any Dynamo and most all Valleys that I've played on.

Read your avatar. My favorite saying is one of H.L.'s best. "No one ever lost a buck underestimating the intelligence of the American public":speechless:. True in his day. More so today!

Lyn

219Dave

Pool is my therapy
Silver Member
I've never played on one.

This may be a stupid question, but what's the difference between a Valley bar box and a Dynamo? I kind of thought they were the same thing.

putt-putt44

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Irving kaye's.....???

Just wondering if anyone out there remembers the old ''Irving Kaye'' tables,,,,, I had one in the house as a kid,,,,,

I really liked it,,,,they pop up once in awhile on ebay,,,,,,,,,

They were made in N.Y......

...........Alan..........

miplayerstour

Quiet participant
Silver Member
The Sheltis are actually very well made for the most part but..........the rails have too much something because they give more than valley rails do so you can hit or miss a ball further from the pocket up the rail and its still going to drop. If they can correct that issue, the Shelti tables are actually being made better than the Valley tables since they began being manufactured in Texas.

Duane Tuula

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've seen them and played on them. The feel a little cheap to me and pocketing balls down the rail was way too easy (as described above). It is a table that will build your confidence.

I recall hearing that the "person" behind the Shelti tables came from Valley. Looking at their website it shows them in Bay City, MI which was the home to Valley for many years.

OTB

I DIDN'T DO IT!!!!
Silver Member
the shelti tables are made in Bay city michigan, in the original valley factory building. Valley was just sold in the last year to a shuffle board company and are made in Mexico for the last several years.............but the press release is that they would like to move that facility back to the USA.

miplayerstour

Quiet participant
Silver Member
Hopefully they move back because the quality of work has gone down so much that the number of tables with issue are 1 out of every 2 sent out at least in my experience. The items that are wrong arent minor either............chipped slate, cracked formica, split rails and rails that dont fit the table properly.............all pretty major items IMO.

Lets hope the quality comes back if the company does come back to the USA!

btoneill

Keeper of the Cheese
Silver Member
Valley and Dynamo are the same company. Not sure what the reason is for them to have the two different lines as there is actually only one Dynamo table right now.

In 2003 Brunswick purchased Valley-Dynamo. After purchasing them they moved their manufacturing to Mexico. In June of this year Brunswick sold off Valley-Dynamo as a non-core business to a group in Texas.

So, you can blame Brunswick for the decline in the quality of the Valley-Dynamo products. Kinda sad that Brunswick is slowly becoming known for declining quality...

Brian

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Dynamo first bought the Valley company, then later merged them into the same factory in TX. The Valley/Dynamo company was later sold to Brunswick by Dick Sheton, who after a no-compete clause later opened the Shelty Co in Bay City, MI in the hopes of taking back the Vendors with his new line of tables, only problem is...no one had come up with a new coin-operate pool table design in the last 15 years except King Cobra coin-operated pool tables, and then Diamond with the "Smart Table" design, which still makes all other coin-operated pool tables way behind the times:grin:

Glen