Shimming the feet on a GC 1

tjohnson

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi all,

I recently purchased a Gold Crown 1 that does not have adjustable feet and was wondering if there is a preferred material for shimming the feet to bring the base of the table to level. The table will be on low-pile, high-density carpeting and the floor is pretty darn level, although I suspect once the table is assembled, it could alter that slightly and the carpeting will certainly compact under the feet. Just wondering if there is a standard shimming material or technique that could minimize future settling and compaction.

Thanks in advance.

TJ

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Hi all,

I recently purchased a Gold Crown 1 that does not have adjustable feet and was wondering if there is a preferred material for shimming the feet to bring the base of the table to level. The table will be on low-pile, high-density carpeting and the floor is pretty darn level, although I suspect once the table is assembled, it could alter that slightly and the carpeting will certainly compact under the feet. Just wondering if there is a standard shimming material or technique that could minimize future settling and compaction.

Thanks in advance.

TJ
Shim between the frame and the top of the legs.

rikdee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shim between the frame and the top of the legs.

Exactly. Years back my old GCI was installed on carpet. I set the stretcher and leveled the baseframe to it. I let that sit for a week or so and then loaded and leveled the slates to the baseframe. No shims were placed beneath the non-leveling feet. The table remained level for years.