Shipping a Pool Table?

Dartman

Silver Member
Box all the parts, crate the slates and use a LTL carrier terminal to terminal.

DJBilliards

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the input everyone. The table is owned by a friend of mine and is Brunswick Anniversary 8' I set it up for him and he is selling it and had some out of state interested parties.

PUTT4DACA$$H

Silver Member
slate crates

I have had really good luck with using 2x6 for the frame of each slate with using 2x4 for the rib braces- 2 on each side. the 2x6 is usually wide enough so when you center the slate the 2x4s on each side are flush with the frame. also, take the time to screw the crate together then if the movers push, pull or drag the crate it doesn't fall apart like stapled gun nails etc. It sounds like it might not be bad to have them damage your slate because they are insured and "sign right here, we'll get it handled" , but its a giant pain in the ass if something happens to your slate. Take the time and materials to build a proper crate and then no worries. Good Luck. Just my 2 cents

Gordon Graham
425-275-8255
Las Vegas

PUTT4DACA$$H

Silver Member
where are you shipping it to?

Just curious where your going to shipit to.

I'm leaving Vegas tonight and headed to Little Rock, and then Derby, Driving my service truck.

Gordon Graham
425-275-8255

TableTek

Silver Member
shipping a table

I used to do crating professionally for a few moving companies. The slate crates for a 9' 3pc 1" are best done with 1x4's. Use 4 or 5 lockers and preference is to pneumatic nail frame and screw in lockers. My work was onsite, but wherever possible I would measure items and make crates in shop where mess isn't at residence. I have crated everything from pianos to artwork. I also use shockwatches as vibration that might not affect the crate could break contents. The way liability generally goes is that if the exterior of package is un harmed then movers or shippers have no fault.

DJ and Cue, pm me with specifics and ill make recommendations. If a mechanic is moving table I see no reason to crate.

PS.. thanks again to Pat for that fusion table you had me crate last year!

Rob
WWW.tabletek.net
215-622-8899

cuetechustla

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wanted to ship pool table fm new mexico to houston. If anyone has any recommendations please let me know.

jwpretd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When I shipped my Olhausen from San Diego to Seguin (near San Antonio, Tx) I had the Olhausen dealer do it. The San Diego dealer picked it up and shipped it, and the San Antonio dealer delivered it to me in Seguin and set it up. I no longer remember the cost (it was 6+ years ago), but I do remember it was about 2/3 the cost of any other way I could find.

Last edited:

Cuephoric

1hole anyone?
Silver Member
I wanted to ship pool table fm new mexico to houston. If anyone has any recommendations please let me know.

Hey Bud...give me a call. Am on the road constantly in the TX - OK - NM - NV - AK - TN areas so I'm sure we can work something out...817-471-0764..

Shane

hobart

Registered
Anyone have have any recommendations/advise on shipping a pool table?

Thanks
Don
pack all wood items in boxes, anything like aprons and rail wrap them prior to boxing. same with all hardware 'cept bags are good before boxing. major frame pieces should be boxed also. If the load takes any damage the cardboard speaks no lies.

Slate:
use an over-sized pallet, use screws as mentioned before. cut 2 4'x8' sheets of osb to fit your slates leave 3 inches around the perimeter. entomb with pressure treated 2x4s. sides on the outside, ends on the inside. screw down 2sides and one end, one row of 2x's at a time. slide in slate add 3 more sides repeat until last set of 2x's are just above the slate. seal the open end.if there is any airspace between the edges slate and the wood (there shouldn't be) cram any packing type material in there put some sheets of foam on the top slate and use the 2nd piece of osb to seal the top. DO NOT use R&L carriers they will not cover it if its broke during shipping, even if they break it. (I.E. drop or run the forks through it) my experience anyway. oh yea insure and pray. If you dont pay threats whilst wielding a blackjack also works to ensure the safety of your delivery!! Happy shipping!

Last edited: