Shipping Problem?

Tittyhooked

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I have shipped thousands of packages using USPS Priority and only one

package got lost. USPS is my friend.

Consider yourself EXTREMELY lucky. I could write a book of all my issues, problems, lost and damaged/destroyed items when shipping and receiving good via USPS. It got to the point where I opened a UPS account and haven't had a single issue since. USPS is a postal service not a shipping service run by the government (need I say more) with no accountability when something happens.

HouTexPlayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'be had more problems with USPS and package shipments in the last 12 months than in the last 10 years combined. Totally incompotent in my opinion.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
make sure all items are packaged very securely or dont buy from that person. and insist on full insurance and get a receipt copy from the seller.

if sending do the same. sticking a 2000 dollar piece of thin wood in a cardboard box with some paper or bubble wrap around it, isnt going to protect it against other bigger items banging on it. and insure it for full value.
and require signatures for pickup.

if you dont do these things you are gambling your cue to save 20 bucks or whatever. when you gamble you take the risk.

Rico

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Usps

Its almost funny all the slamming when USPS delivers a very big percentage of UPS ,Fed-ex Parcels with a contract called final destination.Only USPS delivers to all addresses .When you deliver 500,000 to 1,000,000 pieces a day 1% is 5,000 to 10,000 missed. Thats 99% correct. I doubt any one on here does better.

JAlan

Gerbil Jeff
Silver Member
I've shipped well over two hundred cues and cases with the USPS over the years. I've had a few scares here and there but they have never lost a package with me.

Here is the worse shipment problem I ever had with them:

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=317532

Luckily the cue in this case was well packed inside the tube and arrived ok.

I still use them for sub $600 cues or so, but anything over that I will typically go the FedEx route instead.

Just my $.02.

J.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I've shipped well over two hundred cues and cases with the USPS over the years. I've had a few scares here and there but they have never lost a package with me.

Here is the worse shipment problem I ever had with them:

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=317532

Luckily the cue in this case was well packed inside the tube and arrived ok.

I still use them for sub $600 cues or so, but anything over that I will typically go the FedEx route instead.

Just my $.02.

J.

wow...ouch. If I ship a cue in a box like that I tend to use a rigid tube for the cues and then insert into the triangle or 4x4 box.
I just shipped 2 shafts (UPS) to be refinished. I just had a bad experience with USPS and tracking a package. The aggravation was not worth it.

beerpressure

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How well does seyberts pack cues? I am probably going to be buying from them soon.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk