Shipping to Canada from U.S.

djkx1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Please use USPS. Unless you or the person receiving the cue or whatever have other preferences, I would strongly suggest it.

I bougth a predator shaft from a fellow AZ'er and forgot to mention that I prefer he ship this way. Well today I got the shaft, in more ways than one. He shipped UPS and although it tends to be faster, I got dinged an extra $53 for brokerage and taxes etc. It went from a good deal to a bad one in a hurry. I would much rather have waited a bit longer instead.

In no way am I blaming the seller, as I should have mentioned it. Just posting this so that others who may not be aware of these extra charges can avoid them.

vladmin

Break'em dry !
Silver Member
That's so true. UPS always dings me on products coming from all over the world, don't matter if it's US or Thailand.

DHL proved to be the most efficiend. Only paid $7 or less when I had received a package.

USPS is inconsistent. I had to pay brokerage fees sometimes while others I paid nothing even though the full value was declared.

djkx1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've had good luck with USPS but only about 6 or 7 orders. I've had 2 now that were UPS and both time I got dinged between almost a third, and half of the cost of the product I bought. Thanks for your input, I appreciate it. Just sucks to have a good deal turn out bad. Hopefully others can avoid it.

DaveK

Still crazy after all these years
Silver Member
This has been my experience as well. Any vendor who ships only UPS to Canada gets none of my business. Their brokerage and handling fees are outrageous and make the product uncompetitive in most cases.

Dave