shipping

Moet.1977

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Approximately how long would it take to get a cue shipped from Canada to Louisville Ky? It is a plain cue, no ivory or anything to hold up at customs.

GideonF

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Approximately how long would it take to get a cue shipped from Canada to Louisville Ky? It is a plain cue, no ivory or anything to hold up at customs.

How are you having it shipped? Different carriers have different times (and usually each carrier will have various delivery options).

axejunkie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can only offer my experience with no real industry knowledge - I had a cue take around 7 business days back in 2007. I recall it was held at customs and this was also around Christmas time, so that could have held things up. I think the shipment was via Canada Post (or their main postal system).

In the end, the cue arrived just fine. Hope this helps.

c-money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I sent a cue from western Canada to Florida on Feb 4 and it got there Feb 10. Not sure if the weekend slowed the process.

AceAngeles

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
shipping companies

I sent a cue from western Canada to Florida on Feb 4 and it got there Feb 10. Not sure if the weekend slowed the process.

It depends how you ship it. In the U.S. the shipping times are crazy. If someone ships USPS it can take 5 days to go 200 miles. If they ship UPS ground it's also at a snails pace.

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
Since I know quite a bit about ships, let me say that shipping a cue from Canada, to Louisville, might take awhile. You would need to put in somewhere on one of the Great Lakes, find the Mississippi river, then turn left at the Ohio River. I'm guessing about a year. :smile:

tbayplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You want the cue shipped via Canada Post. As it crosses the border it turns into USPS. Brokerage fees are reasonable unlike UPS or Fed Ex.

When I ship from Canada to USA it's usually 4-7 business days, Monday to Saturday.

cuedoctor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It depends how you ship it. In the U.S. the shipping times are crazy. If someone ships USPS it can take 5 days to go 200 miles. If they ship UPS ground it's also at a snails pace.

Shipping time varies depending on many factor. If you ship a package ground or regular parcel rate it can take along time because you are shipping it the cheapest possible way. You cant expect fast service for cheap prices. Also it depends on customs and how heavy there back up is. I can think back to the days when someone sent a package and all you could do is wait but now everyone is tracking there packages every hour it seems. Another topic is the items that are being shipped are not what was sent thru the mails 20 years ago. Jewerly,paintings,pets(yes there are live animals being sent) dead people(there ashes) .Its gotten really ridiculous! Unless a pool cue is sent in a pvc tube that can with stand being dropped and 200lbs of pressure it shouldn't be sent. UPS ,FEDEX,USPS all handle packages as best as possible but there are like 10 million packages being handles DAILY! Shit happens:grin-square:

Onepocket73

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Depends on which service you order...
Next day air EAM......Arrive next morning by 8:30am local time
Next day air.....Arrive next morning by 10:30am
Next day air saver......Arrive next day by end of day
2nd day air.....Arrive 2 days after ship date by end of day
3 day select......Arrive 3 days after ship date by end of day
Ground......Arrive 3-5 days after ship date by end of day

These are all UPS guarantees and fully refundable if service level fails,provided the reason was not an "act of God".