Should I try removing the butt cap to help ID? 1957-1959 Willie Hoppe Brunswick w Unknown Builder mods

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Gold Member
Silver Member
Please send email address for extensive pics of points, returns, hoppe ring, etc. Cue was originally purchased sometime between 1957-59 according to the original owner at The Blue Cushion in Milwaukee WI. Please see the specs below, I am going to have a second party remeasure without my results when available, most likely sometime Sunday. The cue was purchased with the upgraded red 3 ball rings and cue ball Hoppe Ring. I purchased this cue several years ago and have spoken to Tascarella at one point about doing a conversion. I prefer to leave it to someone else’s judgement who may have more sentimental value upon a cue of this age and condition than me. i have done extensive research to figure out who modified this cue prior to purchase and have only come to dead ends after several years. There are prior postings discussing this cue over the years on AZ and one person was absolutely adamant that it was a Rambow Cue before someone did work to it. I have no idea and think I have exhausted my will to continue searching for what seems to be infinity. $1550 shipped, insured, sig at delivery. I am posting a few pics. There are several that can be seen on various AZ posts and I have extensive pics available taken today. Shooter08

Butt 19.30oz
0.89 below at the meeting of wood and black collar
1.17 at the meeting of linen and forearm wood
1.42 at the meeting of linen and butt sleeve
1.42 also at the meeting of the butt sleeve and Hoppe Ring

Shafts I have not taken specs on the tips
Original Shaft 4.05oz
Shaft 1A 3.10oz. Made by Jim McDermott in the early 70’s according to original owner
Shaft 1B 3.85oz. “Same as above shaft origin and time”

Again, picture available to serious potential buyers in addition to all already listed on AZ. Thx, Shooter08

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Please send email address for extensive pics of points, returns, hoppe ring, etc. Cue was originally purchased sometime between 1957-59 according to the original owner at The Blue Cushion in Milwaukee WI. Please see the specs below, I am going to have a second party remeasure without my results when available, most likely sometime Sunday. The cue was purchased with the upgraded red 3 ball rings and cue ball Hoppe Ring. I purchased this cue several years ago and have spoken to Tascarella at one point about doing a conversion. I prefer to leave it to someone else’s judgement who may have more sentimental value upon a cue of this age and condition than me. i have done extensive research to figure out who modified this cue prior to purchase and have only come to dead ends after several years. There are prior postings discussing this cue over the years on AZ and one person was absolutely adamant that it was a Rambow Cue before someone did work to it. I have no idea and think I have exhausted my will to continue searching for what seems to be infinity. $1550 shipped, insured, sig at delivery. I am posting a few pics. There are several that can be seen on various AZ posts and I have extensive pics available taken today. Shooter08

Butt 19.30oz
0.89 below at the meeting of wood and black collar
1.17 at the meeting of linen and forearm wood
1.42 at the meeting of linen and butt sleeve
1.42 also at the meeting of the butt sleeve and Hoppe Ring

Shafts I have not taken specs on the tips
Original Shaft 4.05oz
Shaft 1A 3.10oz. Made by Jim McDermott in the early 70’s according to original owner
Shaft 1B 3.85oz. “Same as above shaft origin and time”

Again, picture available to serious potential buyers in addition to all already listed on AZ. Thx, Shooter08

This is the Wanted section

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Gold Member
Silver Member
Should I try removing the butt cap to help ID this cue, could there be anything of value gained by this. Maybe there will be a nice old shiney penny under there, who knows. Thx, Shooter08