Show your Diamond Professional table

TrxR

All I can say is be sure you like a diamond rail bounce. And not just on new cloth, on old cloth. Its a lot worse when the cloth gets old. And worst still in humid climates, which is Florida. You better go to a room in the same town you are moving to that has Diamond's with worn cloth and make sure you like the way the balls come off the rail. You might be making an 8K mistake if you like the bounce of a gold crown.

I play in a room in Atlanta with 2 brand new blue label diamonds, right next to 30 GC4's and GC5's. Night and day. Horrible bounce, and horrible short angles.
Ive heard this elsewhere but i have my doubts . If they were thst bad nobody would buy or use them.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is my 9 ft Diamond Professional Red Label. Now I've seen plenty of Pro Ams in both red and blue label but honestly never seen a Professional blue label. If they make the I have no idea what the difference is. Someone earlier mentioned 3 pc being easier to level (and handle) than 1 pc. I would agree on both points, not to mention it's heavier as well, which is good. I did upgrade the light to LED a couple years ago, made a ton of difference. It now has 6 8ft LED bulbs in it and no ballists. I removed the diffuser grids and installed frosted white sheets to soften the light. Like others stated, the rails are solid oak. I just recently bought new cushions so I'll be redoing those pretty soon. If anyone has any idea where to get the Diamond Logo's I'd be interested in a couple of those maybe.
View attachment 618830
Nice set-up. Difference in the blue is they changed the subrail angle a little bit. The reds have a tendency to bank shorter and hotter because that sub angle was a little too steep. The top portion of the cushion on the blues has less down angle. I've played on both and the difference isn't huge buts its there.

MamboFats

This is my 9 ft Diamond Professional Red Label. Now I've seen plenty of Pro Ams in both red and blue label but honestly never seen a Professional blue label. If they make the I have no idea what the difference is. Someone earlier mentioned 3 pc being easier to level (and handle) than 1 pc. I would agree on both points, not to mention it's heavier as well, which is good. I did upgrade the light to LED a couple years ago, made a ton of difference. It now has 6 8ft LED bulbs in it and no ballists. I removed the diffuser grids and installed frosted white sheets to soften the light. Like others stated, the rails are solid oak. I just recently bought new cushions so I'll be redoing those pretty soon. If anyone has any idea where to get the Diamond Logo's I'd be interested in a couple of those maybe.
View attachment 618830
My first pool experience was on a table like this, I started playing in '97 of '98
Any idea what the age of this type of Diamond table is?

btw: over 20 years later, I have never ever played on anything better, although I am a much better player now than then.

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I finally got to see a Blue Label, but not in person. Stan Shuffet has 1 in his "Truth" series videos on the tube. Every other one I've seen was a red label like mine.

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I finally got to see a Blue Label, but not in person. Stan Shuffet has 1 in his "Truth" series videos on the tube. Every other one I've seen was a red label like mine.
There's a bunch of reds in Florida. They should use those tops for firewood. A blue replacement is $2000 and for another $250 you can get the leveling system and have a new table that plays great.

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There's a bunch of reds in Florida. They should use those tops for firewood. A blue replacement is $2000 and for another $250 you can get the leveling system and have a new table that plays great.
yeah that's a bit drastic i think,,,,,,,,,,,,

8cree

Reverse Engineer
Silver Member
View attachment 618830
I contacted Diamond after my table purchase and got some stickers delivered to me. Try contacting someone there. I'm sure they will accommodate one way or the other. (y)

Are the top rails on the Professional convex (have a curve to them) like the GC or are they flat? It is hard to tell in photos.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Are the top rails on the Professional convex (have a curve to them) like the GC or are they flat? It is hard to tell in photos
Very slight curve. And tilt slightly down toward outside edge

Attachments

• E7F638B8-7DF2-4F34-9472-7EEF690EF23A.jpeg
    E7F638B8-7DF2-4F34-9472-7EEF690EF23A.jpeg
    124.1 KB · Views: 118