Shreveport Pool Scene

Rickhem

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My job is sending me to Shreveport again for a couple weeks, and I got a few good responses last time I was sent there, and I posted here asking about where to play.
I am hearing that Bill Schick's has closed, as well as Secret's, but Side Pockets is still going strong.

Any other places worth checking out?
Are there any weekly tournaments happening anymore?
What impact is the whole Covid thing having on pool in Shreveport?

Thanks in advance for any help with this.

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
My job is sending me to Shreveport again for a couple weeks, and I got a few good responses last time I was sent there, and I posted here asking about where to play.
I am hearing that Bill Schick's has closed, as well as Secret's, but Side Pockets is still going strong.

Any other places worth checking out?
Are there any weekly tournaments happening anymore?
What impact is the whole Covid thing having on pool in Shreveport?

Thanks in advance for any help with this.

Big Robbie's Pool Room is a great place to play and there's several gamblers hanging out there. I'm not sure how the Covid narrative has effected the place, but it's worth a call to find out.

Tell Robbie "hi" for me, he's a great guy and loves pool and pool players.

Rickhem

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the tip CJ.
I was in Shreveport in July of 2018, and played at the places I mentioned, but only Side Pockets is still open. I’ll check out Big Robbies!
Hoping to find a place that hosts weekly tournaments more than play sets for cash. I’m a decent league player, but know my limits.

Rickhem

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Called Big Robbie's a few times and don't get an answer. Drove past and it looks like they're closed. No cars and no signs or anything lit.

I have played a couple times at Side Pockets so far, seems they have little tournaments almost every night while APA is still on hiatus.
Also tried a place called Eddies (Fast Eddie's ???) in Bossier. They reclassified as a restaurant to skirt local Covid regulations, so you pay $10 for any single food item, and you get that and unlimited pool. They have about 25 tables, with a bunch of brnd new diamond 7 footers. Bartender said they can't do much else since they have to close at 10:00pm.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Called Big Robbie's a few times and don't get an answer. Drove past and it looks like they're closed. No cars and no signs or anything lit.

I have played a couple times at Side Pockets so far, seems they have little tournaments almost every night while APA is still on hiatus.
Also tried a place called Eddies (Fast Eddie's ???) in Bossier. They reclassified as a restaurant to skirt local Covid regulations, so you pay $10 for any single food item, and you get that and unlimited pool. They have about 25 tables, with a bunch of brnd new diamond 7 footers. Bartender said they can't do much else since they have to close at 10:00pm.
BR's last FB post was Sept.11. Said they are waiting on gov't approval for re-opening. https://www.facebook.com/goodtimesbilliards318 This used to be Gary Abood's place Good Times.